Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB 1250W PSU Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

GPUEnthusiast

Reputable
May 28, 2014
I think those cables look straight ugly with three colors like that. In a windowed case, you won't even notice they're sleeved and it will instead look like an old style power supply with the rainbow wires, just really thick. I think they should stick with black and red, or just black. That yellow is faded too much and looks like it's for a banana themed build.

It's all about them ground effects brah!!!!!

I agree though. Unless you have a very open bottom, most do not since most have a dust filter, it wont really show. I would expect a LED logo instead.

Almost something I could recommend, if not for that horrible double line frequency oscillation in the 12V. I would have expected a digitally controlled system to be able to remove simple harmonics like that. Perhaps their controller algorithm isn't all that great?

powernod

Reputable
Sep 6, 2015
I was anxiously expecting this review due to CWT's new CST platform.
Just like Aris said at the end of his review, i'm expecting to see how the smaller wattage models will perform.
The 1250 watt model seems like an excellent unit, and the only thing i disliked is the small output from the smaller rails ( 20A @5V &3.3V / 15A @5VSB ).
P.S. Once again, an excellent review from Aris!!

Status
Not open for further replies.