Thermaltake Toughpower DPS G RGB 1500W PSU Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

spat55

Distinguished
So basically a poor performing PSU at this price point and the only good thing is a RGB fan I won't see because my PSU is always face down and preferably under a PSU cover, okay got it.

g-unit1111

Titan
What's the point of having an RGB ring on a bottom mounted PSU where nobody will see the fan anyways? :??:

Also those cables - the word "eyesore" comes to mind! I would be replacing those with some custom ones ASAP! :ouch:

spat55

Distinguished

Yeah it's just a crap unit which is hoping the kids orgasm over those RGB lighting, it's doing my head in but I'm sure it'll soon become mainstream then die.

powernod

Reputable
Sep 6, 2015
Extremely dissapointed by Thermaltake.
Only at the TPG-1250D-T they used the new & excellent CST platform by CWT.
For all the other wattage models so far, ( 850 & 1500watt ) they used mediocre platforms by Enhance.
I had high expectations for Tt's new line of PSUs, but they were proven futile.

Thanks for another thorough, excellent, psu review, great job Aris. Disappointed by TT, as well. That is one flawed, less than mediocre (esp for the price) unit, OEM'd to Enhance by another predictable 3rd party company. Some pretty lights on the fan and it's 1600 watt helm of their "flagship" series moniker is supposed to justify that $430 pricetag? Fails to meet minimum atx specs in several areas, hold up time for such an expensive unit is also unacceptable. Similar to the MasterWatt Maker, it can't hope to compete with similar units from their competitors, which are lower in price, better in efficiency and overall specs.

Nuckles_56

Admirable
The 12V CL1 was certainly one of the more interesting waveforms I've seen in a while. But overall I'm pretty disappointed in Thermaltake for producing such a over priced under performing PSU

Br1414

Commendable
Sep 20, 2016
Typo? 16 amps is the max legal load on a 20 amp 120v plug, thus option A apparently. Option B appears to be the old wall A/C style 20 amp 240 volt plug. Both a t slot styles. So maybe you rig something, but more or less you need an electrician just to use this thing safely! I guess you got the money...

Valantar

Honorable
Nov 21, 2014
Individually sleeved cables in the traditional "ketchup and mustard" colours? Wow, that made me laugh. Out loud. Might be suitable to some kind of early 2000s retro theme build?

Also, I love the pixelated 8-bit-ish thing you've got going on with the ripple graphs on page 9. Perhaps

Otherwise, this was pretty much as expected. A useless product (the world does not need more 1000W+ PSUs), with useless features (RGB in a place where it'll be invisible in 90+% of modern cases), at a useless price point. That it performs badly as well just adds icing to the turd.

Status
Not open for further replies.