Question Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 850W - Two units, different connection layouts

Jun 11, 2021
A few weeks ago I bought a 850W Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 on Amazon, which worked okay until a few days ago when it started to make a weird buzzing noise. I contacted Amazon and they sent me a replacement PSU (also a Toughpower GF1 850W) but to my surprise, when I took it out of the box it had a different connection layout, but it came with the same cables and manual. The replacement PSU only seems to have one EPS/CPU port instead of two and it comes with three PCI-E ports, unlike the first PSU I got which has 5 shared CPU/EPS + PCI-E ports, which is how they advertise it. Apparently even though they're both the same product name, the model numbers are different. The replacement PSU's model number is TTP-850AH3FSG-V and the defective one is TTP-850AH3FCG.
With the defective PSU, I used to plug in a 4 pin and an 8 pin EPS/CPU cable to the motherboard ports (for overclocking) as well as the 24 pin ATX connector, so my question is, can I plug in one of the 4+4 EPS/CPU cables in one of the 6+2 PCI-E ports in the replacement PSU, in order to power that motherboard connector? Or do I need to ask Amazon to send me a second replacement, this time with the correct layout? I'm attaching a photo of both PSUs, the top one is the replacement unit, the one in the bottom is the defective PSU.
Thanks!

xKDVFtR.jpg

Last edited:
Can you take a picture of the side labels of the PSUs so we can see the full model number, country of origin, lot code, etc?

Both are DEFINITELY "GF1"? One isn't "GF2"?

Also, how do you know the bottom one is defective? Some buzzing is normal sometimes as long as it's not too loud.

TRENDING THREADS