[SOLVED] Thermaltake Toughpower SFX 450 Premium Edition vs Corsair SF600 Platinum

johnnydots

Commendable
Jul 6, 2019
I'm looking for a SFX PSU for my build and so far I have found the SF600 Platinum to be a really good choice, but I only use an i5-10400 and a GTX 1050 Ti so 600W seems really wasteful to me, as I don't intend to upgrade anything in the future. Came across another SFX PSU which is the Thermaltake SFX 450W Premium edition (80 Plus gold, fully modular). Reasonable wattage for my build and the price difference is significant in my country. But I looked into it and the only detailed review of it is from Eteknix, which I have never heard before.

Guys who have been using the Thermaltake SFX 450, do you guys have any problem with it and would you recommend it?

Solution
I'd skip it, and go with the Corsair SF600. It's a much better unit. The Thermaltake SFX 450 isn't bad though from what I can see, especially the TT premium edition. Both of these are much better than a lot of SFF units out there, it's just that the Corsair is better. Also, with a higher wattage capability it's a lot more likely to be a heck of a lot quieter. Might not ever even hear the fan for that matter.
I'd skip it, and go with the Corsair SF600. It's a much better unit. The Thermaltake SFX 450 isn't bad though from what I can see, especially the TT premium edition. Both of these are much better than a lot of SFF units out there, it's just that the Corsair is better. Also, with a higher wattage capability it's a lot more likely to be a heck of a lot quieter. Might not ever even hear the fan for that matter.

Solution
There are no proper reviews on TT TP SFX Premium Edition, but Corsair SF600 Platinum feels excessive. No other options ?
True, somewhat, however, another consideration might be whether there could be plans down the road for an upgrade to higher TDP hardware like bigger CPU and graphics card. So, another thing to thing about in that regard as well before we say excessive. Besides which, for a SFF PC that is likely to see use as a home theater or gaming machine, it's definitely not the worst thing in the world to go a little overkill in order to reduce or exclude the possibility of undesirable fan noise.