[SOLVED] THERMALTAKE VD4000BWS KANDALF LCS BLACK WINDOW combatibility with new cpus

Feb 12, 2021
Hello everyone,

my desktop hardware is composed of amd phenom II 3.2 black edition cpu and lcs kandalf black window liquid cooler.
I would like to upgrade my cpu but i do not want to change my case.Any susggestions?
Will cpus with AM3+ socket work with my case(LCS kandalf case supports AM3 socket but doent say anything about AM3+ socket)?
Thank you in advance.

Solution
it more the form factor you have currently, vs your desired. standard ATX boards and micro ATX boards are going to fit most mid tower cases. micro ATX in a mini tower case. You should list your case or board mfr so we have a better idea of what you're trying to accomplish.
Feb 12, 2021
the case is not the issue - it's usually the motherboard and if you don't change motherboards you're fine
well yes i know i will also change my motherboard along with my cpu.i am just wondering whether to move to ryzen cpus because my case does not say anyhting about new sockets only for AM3.In fact i am intending to move to : motherboard gigabyte Motherboard Z490 Aorus Master (Z490/1200/DDR4),cpu AMD CPU Threadripper 3960X (sTR4/3.8 GHz/128 ΜΒ) along fo course with ddr4 memory.My graphick card is rtx2080 super windforce.
Please tell me of your opinion and if it can be combined with my current tower,or tell me alternatives keeping the same tower.
Or at least in order not to chabge motherboard pls tell me cpus better than my current cpu which also use AM3 socket.
Thanks in advance.

it more the form factor you have currently, vs your desired. standard ATX boards and micro ATX boards are going to fit most mid tower cases. micro ATX in a mini tower case. You should list your case or board mfr so we have a better idea of what you're trying to accomplish.

Solution