nevertheseen

Prominent
Jan 9, 2018
Termaltake View 71 Tempered Glass - this case supports the following fans:

front:2 x 140 or 3 x 120
top: 3 x 140 or 3 x 120
rear: 1 x 140 or 1 x 120
bottom: 2 x 120

I intend to buy AIO CPU cooler but otherwise the whole thing would be air-cooled. What would be the best fan configuration? Is it worth it to buy 9 x 120 mm fans and just put them all in?

Solution
Look at the CFM (cubic feet per minute) rating of the fans you are interested in and their speed. Faster fans will generally (depending on design) be noisier, and larger fans often can have lower RPM to be a little quieter. CFM is still king though, and making sure you have clean turbulence free pathways for airflow.

You'll have to decide on the noise / airflow tradeoffs acceptable for you. 9 120's WILL be noisy at max speed. If you are overclocking, you may need more airflow, the same as if you live in a hot environment. Depending on your motherboard , you may need to dedicate a fan specifically inside the case to cool the vrms. Bundle your cables and get them out of the airflow paths to reduce turbulence.

Recommend (since...
Look at the CFM (cubic feet per minute) rating of the fans you are interested in and their speed. Faster fans will generally (depending on design) be noisier, and larger fans often can have lower RPM to be a little quieter. CFM is still king though, and making sure you have clean turbulence free pathways for airflow.

You'll have to decide on the noise / airflow tradeoffs acceptable for you. 9 120's WILL be noisy at max speed. If you are overclocking, you may need more airflow, the same as if you live in a hot environment. Depending on your motherboard , you may need to dedicate a fan specifically inside the case to cool the vrms. Bundle your cables and get them out of the airflow paths to reduce turbulence.

Recommend (since heat rises) to put the base fans and front fans to push air in, and rear and top fans to exhaust. If you are using an AIO, you'll have to decide where to mount it and that mounting will take up exhaust spots.

Solution

kingsol767

Prominent
Dec 25, 2017
These vented glass cases have unique airflow properties. I plan on using this case in the near future. So I have been doing some research. I also recently built in the View 31 with aio in December. I mention this build because I only recently achieved optimal fan positioning. The venting on 71 will be an interesting build.

I mounted my aio as front intake in the View 31. This ensures the overclocked CPU is properly cooled. The way this case is vented, I am not sure aio location matters. I am going keep an eye on the GPU recirculating case air. I plan on putting at least one fan in the bottom. I personally would start in the following configuration. 3x120 front intake, 1x120 bottom intake, aio top exhaust and 1x140 rear exhaust. I say start, because hardware affects results.

Dec 1, 2021
I have this case.. I can't seem to get great temps on water at all. I got all ek blocks all the way and they are on a 11700k and 2080ti. I have three d5 pumps and two 360mm 65mm thick rads. I bough t six Wathai 12038 6000rpm fans to draw air in and I got four 140mm Thermaltake's drawing air out. My fronts and my rears are pushing air in and my three sides and my one rear is pulling air out.. I get 28c - 56c on my cpu and on my gpu it gets up to almost 60c on the core max. But my hotpots and memory still get up to almost 90c max..? I cant figure it out? I run the Asus fan tuner and it helps with the fan noise a lot I can hardly even hear the 12038's after the tune. These are the best fans I have ever bought.. I believe they are originally for mining units.. Problem with these fans are they are thicker than conventional pc fans at 38mm so u need to buy longer screws like fan screws M3 x 45mm work nicely and they aren't super high amp so u can use regular fan hub and they are pwm 4pin which is nice.. But these fans helped out a lot. But I can't figure out why my vram and hotpot on my gpu are so high?

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS