Thermaltake View 71 TG EATX Case Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

veiledcas

Reputable
Mar 9, 2014
The comment about build quality is enough to see me look elsewhere.

It's not the first time I've heard that about Thermaltakes newer cases either which should give anyone pause for thought.

If they did a version with aluminum top, front and back side piece so the only glass panel shows off the insides, I would think about it. I like how they did the bezels on the front and top that should keep cooling efficient and noise down just not sure I would love showing off the dust bunnies on the filters.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

A total of seven if you have no 2.5" drives. Due to the way those other three are laid out, it made it difficult to document in the features table.

drwho269

Prominent
Aug 24, 2017
7 drives? No thank you.
I got one that fits 10 3.5 drives, 1 optical, 4 2.5 drives plus another 2.5 drive slot.

Now that's a full tower.

dstarr3

Distinguished

What case is that?

krb1945

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
I purchased a 750W thermaltake, one of the gold units, from a regular computer store in the south east and it failed after 6 months. I gave Thermaltake all the pertinate information and a copy of the receipt which clearly showed the vendor and other info and asked for a return authorization from their customer service. They sent me a real nice email telling me... that I had not purchased this from NewEgg or one of their other dealers, and they refused to honor the warranty. Now this PS was a new unit, in a factory sealed box with all the factory information for this PS. I then contacted the store where I purchased this PS, told them what Termaltake had said and they promptly replaced it with a different brand of the same quality. Fortunately for me I found this out with just one part from them, because I manage and repair 150 systems, and I also purchase for a large government agency, and I know the taxpayers would not want me to purchase from a company that does not honor warranties. I know that neither I nor my friends will purchase anything they manufacturer after my personal experience.

krb1945

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
Don't make it any bigger than 42 lbs. I still remember the old 180 lb printers that government use to use. They were real spine loaders and not made for weaklings to move.

Larmo-Ct

Reputable
Jan 17, 2016
I have a thermaltake full tower computer that I purchased from iBUYPOWER, four years ago. It has a plastic side panel with a 7(?) inch fan. (Sorry but I'm not comfortable converting inches into millimeters for fans). The system has a 4-1/2 inch, in the rear and front of the case. I also have a Corsair liquid cooler for my CPU. I have EVGA GTX-980ti and 1200 watt PSU. My point is that, with that cooling arrangement. I haven't had any heat problems. I question the need for, and the wisdom of adding a lot glass to a case. Basically, cases that have been available for years, seem to have been fine. Granted liquid cooling can be an important factor. I prefer the cooling system that I have. Rather than a case with a lot of fragile, and heavy glass.

AnarchoPrimitiv

Reputable
Jan 12, 2016
Would have been nice if they had taken this case, aimed at watercooling, and maybe see what thickness radiators would fit in a multi-radiator loop....I specifically came here for that information

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Check "space above motherboard". Now check what it says about 42mm empty space between the front panel and removable drive cage. I guess you didn't read the article?

The entire space above the motherboard is also above the front-panel radiator space, so you can at least fit a 58mm-thick 420mm radiator on top and a 42mm-thick 360mm radiator on front, given the information provided. Of course you can't find a 58mm radiator, but you could do a 25mm radiator with a fan sandwich, or a 38mm radiator...some consideration of what's available to you must always be made by you.

wojda.john

Prominent
Aug 30, 2017
Did you reach out to the manufacturer to see if the quality issues were a fluke? Have other reviewers seen this as well (I've looked but didn't notice anybody else mention quality problems).

I've been looking at a new case for a while, and I keep coming back to this one as my top pick, though I won't be doing any of that water cooling stuff (outside of an AiO for the CPU). Minimal, if any overclocking...

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
What answer do you think I would get from any manufacturer concerning manufacturing quality? A better question is, what answer would a manufacturer expect me to give if I represented it?

We only assume that mundane issues are production issues because they usually are, as indicated by buyers. Major flaws on the other hand are typically worked out during production. The business consideration here is "how much money will this cost us", and returns are a major expense.

phobicsq

Prominent
Sep 1, 2017
I just got this case, the RGB one, and no defects at all. Great case and if you're water cooling it is not very noisy at all.

lieutenantfrost

Distinguished
Jan 2, 2010
If you are using a large GPU, 1080 etc you will not be able to mount it vertically with a large air cooler. Very disappionting, also no psu shroud? only room for 120's in front? this case should be a step up from view 31 instead it feels rushed

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff

By vertically you mean within the side bracket? Well considering it doesn't even come with a riser for the side bracket, and those who opt for one will probably have the money to cool the CPU with a radiator, I think most buyers are relatively safe :)
aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS81L1AvNzA1MjI5L29yaWdpbmFsL1RoZXJtYWx0YWtlLVZpZXctNzEtVEdfRmlsbGVkLmpwZw==

Status
Not open for further replies.