[SOLVED] Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate Fan Problems/Replacement

Kantai

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016
Hey everyone, I'm currently using a Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate as my CPU cooler but I am noticing that the middle fan is making a very irritating noise whenever it spins. If I place my finger on the fan to prevent it from spinning, the noise stops. Also, I have found that applying pressure to it would sometimes make the noise stop but after a while it would come back.

I was wondering if anyone knows why this noise is only happening to the middle fan in particular and if there were any solutions to fix it? I am also interested to know if there are any replacement fans I can buy to maybe replace the one that is acting up. Thanks for the help!

Solution
there are some fans engineered to fit in odd spaces,
but ~98% of the 120mm versions available are designed to fit your average case or cooler.

those are very well crafted with good specs but i have always avoided the puke/diarrhea color of Noctua. luckily now they have black and grey versions of some of their higher quality fans.
any you choose just make sure they have a high air pressure rating and a low noise rating.
i had the same issue with a Water 3.0. usually just caused by cheaper/lower quality fan's bearings going bad.
Thermaltake sent a replacement fan but their fans pretty much suck anyway so I would recommend replacing them with something quieter and with higher pressure.

i used Cryorig QF Performance fans on mine and after a slight fan speed curve adjustment the temperature dropped ~6° on idle and ~10° on full load while running much quieter.

be quiet! & Noctua also make some awesome model fans with high pressure and low noise.
just search on an online retailer like NewEgg.com for models with a high CFM and a low dB.

Reactions: Kantai

Kantai

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016
i had the same issue with a Water 3.0. usually just caused by cheaper/lower quality fan's bearings going bad.
Thermaltake sent a replacement fan but their fans pretty much suck anyway so I would recommend replacing them with something quieter and with higher pressure.

i used Cryorig QF Performance fans on mine and after a slight fan speed curve adjustment the temperature dropped ~6° on idle and ~10° on full load while running much quieter.

be quiet! & Noctua also make some awesome model fans with high pressure and low noise.
just search on an online retailer like NewEgg.com for models with a high CFM and a low dB.
Thanks for the reply! Did you end up replacing all three fans or just the one causing the problem?

but ~98% of the 120mm versions available are designed to fit your average case or cooler.

those are very well crafted with good specs but i have always avoided the puke/diarrhea color of Noctua. luckily now they have black and grey versions of some of their higher quality fans.
any you choose just make sure they have a high air pressure rating and a low noise rating.

Reactions: Kantai
Solution

Kantai

Reputable
Feb 13, 2016

Thanks for the help! I appreciate it ^^