Thermaltake XASERIII

I am building a new computer. Have all the new parts for assembly except for
the case. I do not want to disassemble my old pc. I have been looking at the
thermaltake cases, especially the XASERIII. It looks like it has everything
I am looking for except I can't find any information to tell me if the plate
that holds the motherboard is removable so I can assemble outside the case?
I also have the antec true control 550 for my new case. Is this a good case
or is there something else that is better? I want a full height tower -
25-29 inches, I know the XASERIII is not that tall but it fits the rest of
my plan. I will be overclocking so heat is an issue. Can someone give some
insight
Thanks
Mike

T3 Cobra wrote:
> I am building a new computer. Have all the new parts for assembly
> except for the case. I do not want to disassemble my old pc. I have
> been looking at the thermaltake cases, especially the XASERIII. It
> looks like it has everything I am looking for except I can't find any
> information to tell me if the plate that holds the motherboard is
> removable so I can assemble outside the case? I also have the antec
> true control 550 for my new case. Is this a good case or is there
> something else that is better? I want a full height tower - 25-29
> inches, I know the XASERIII is not that tall but it fits the rest of
> my plan. I will be overclocking so heat is an issue. Can someone give
> some insight
> Thanks
> Mike

One of the photos on this page shows what looks to be a hinged motherboard.
http://thermaltake.com/xaserCase/vm3000/vm3000a.htm

For the same money you can probably find a Lian Li PC-70 series full tower
case.
http://www.lian-li.com/proclass.php

Mikey

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Thanks all for the info. The lian-li looks very nice too but I still like
that thermaltake.
Thanks
Mike
"T3 Cobra" <mikeday@rbnet.com> wrote in message
> I am building a new computer. Have all the new parts for assembly except
for
> the case. I do not want to disassemble my old pc. I have been looking at
the
> thermaltake cases, especially the XASERIII. It looks like it has
everything
> I am looking for except I can't find any information to tell me if the
plate
> that holds the motherboard is removable so I can assemble outside the
case?
> I also have the antec true control 550 for my new case. Is this a good
case
> or is there something else that is better? I want a full height tower -
> 25-29 inches, I know the XASERIII is not that tall but it fits the rest of
> my plan. I will be overclocking so heat is an issue. Can someone give some
> insight
> Thanks
> Mike

My questionss it is only about the EMI shield. If the case has a acrylic
window, how could EMI be eficient?

Silva

On Sat, 1 May 2004 22:38:03 -0400, "T3 Cobra" <mikeday@rbnet.com> wrote:

>I am building a new computer. Have all the new parts for assembly except for
>the case. I do not want to disassemble my old pc. I have been looking at the
>thermaltake cases, especially the XASERIII. It looks like it has everything
>I am looking for except I can't find any information to tell me if the plate
>that holds the motherboard is removable so I can assemble outside the case?
>I also have the antec true control 550 for my new case. Is this a good case
>or is there something else that is better? I want a full height tower -
>25-29 inches, I know the XASERIII is not that tall but it fits the rest of
>my plan. I will be overclocking so heat is an issue. Can someone give some
>insight
>Thanks
>Mike

I just bought one and it has a removable mb tray. Just flick a few clips
and out pops the tray. No screws needed in the whole install.

regards

Dud
--

If we are what we eat. I'm cheap, fast, and easy.