Thermaltake's $99 Case Packs SATA HDD Dock

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenhoagie

Distinguished
Feb 12, 2010
looks like a really nice case. looks well worth the $99

my father has a similar case with all the tricky fans on the side and it keeps his quad core Q9550 at 17 degrees idle and only up to 24 degrees on full blast! very impressive what those fans can do

rkelly1

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2008
that actually seems pretty decent. could be useful for techs that are scanning harddrives or just for data moving to another drive.

Its a nice case for a nice price. Would work great for my job where I take apart laptops and sometimes have to pull the HDDs out and use a external SATA or IDE port to pull data that tend to work maybe 50% of the time.

But for home, I still want me a Xaser VI.

I'm always a fan of cheap, feature packed cases, so I'd definitely consider it. I wouldn't really have any use for the HDD dock, and it looks kind of silly. I guess it would make people think I'm really serious about hardware...

sabot00

Distinguished
May 4, 2008
[citation][nom]chickenhoagie[/nom]looks like a really nice case. looks well worth the $99my father has a similar case with all the tricky fans on the side and it keeps his quad core Q9550 at 17 degrees idle and only up to 24 degrees on full blast! very impressive what those fans can do[/citation]
So your room temp is like 15C? I doubt it.

MrHectorEric

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
I'd prefer it more if the all the internal HDD slots were SATA docks. Although I tend to stay away from mid towers since I've been burned a couple times with large video cards not fitting in some cases. Hard to know for sure until you buy it and try.

Well, its hard to tell from the pics but I can tell you that the BlacX peripheral I bought for $40 was well worth it and then some. I use it constantly with all the pc's of my friends and family and the maintenance I perform. Hate the USB 2.0 speed though.
For formatting and such, I will typically just install the disc into my tower. USB is too slow.
Can't tell from the article, I would hope they are using a SATA connection for the drives.

samwelaye

Distinguished
Apr 24, 2010
[citation][nom]joytech22[/nom]I guess that USB 3.0 will only be good for AMD users, or Intel users shelling out the bucks for a PCIE adapter.[/citation]

Too bad thats false, neither platform has official support of USB 3.0 yet

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
[citation][nom]buzznut[/nom]I think he means that there are no supported headers on the motherboard. So what are you gonna connect the USB 3.0 on the front panel to?[/citation]

Oh i see, that makes more sense.
It's sorta obvious now that i think about it :)

..but i think the motherboard i mentioned has a USB 3.0 header, it's white.
Can't confirm though, Time of writing this the motherboard section was down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts