Thermaltake's Frio Silent CPU Coolers Debut

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can attest to their good quality since I have a Frio gen 1 running my 2700K at 4.6Ghz and have built up other systems around the new "value" Frio HSFs.

That being said, they're not bad, but they're not the best. If you take a look, they're always at the top spots (usually) for cooling, but they're not the cheaper option usually.

CM's 212 is usually the best alternative. Specially on sale. Still, I do recommend TT Frios' when there are no stock of cheaper alternatives.

Cheers!

drezzz

Honorable
Oct 6, 2013
Sorry silent does need explanation. Most of the time "quiet" would be the less ambiguous term. Silent as used in this industry can mean anything from inaudible through to not deafening.

falchard

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Where are the Black Fins. As we all know the simple act of painting fins black increases the thermal dissipation rate in low light environments. If I wanted to make a heat sink more silent I would start by painting it black.

richwaa

Honorable
Feb 12, 2013
Where are the Black Fins. As we all know the simple act of painting fins black increases the thermal dissipation rate in low light environments. If I wanted to make a heat sink more silent I would start by painting it black.

Actually painting the fins any color could interfer with the ability to transfer heat. Depending upon the chemical composition of the paint, the paint could act as an insulation thereby decreasing heat transfer. Besides, simply painting the heat sink black would not make the fan anymore silent (for most all paints) it would only make it black; a more efficient mechanism for heat transfer requiring a lower airflow would lower the noise created.

Status
Not open for further replies.