News Thermaltake's Trio of CPU Coolers Tame The Toughest Of CPUs

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
:mdr:
I already saw this and more, over on TPU. Blatant rip-offs, but then again, hardly anything is original these days...

A name change is in order nonetheless. Thermalfake has already been done, so - ladies and gentlemen, I present to you...
Copytake.

The reason they get away with it is because they sell their crap cheaper; consumers can't resist that...

Hey, if they can get close to Noctua performance at lower prices, that's good for consumers! Have to wait to see the tests, though. Often the near-copies don't measure up to the original.

That 510 model should at least have been a dual-stack model, rather than just adding another fan. Another 10W cooling isn't going to matter that much; another 30-50W would have better for such a relatively big model number jump. Seems like they could have named the 510 model "312" (310 model but with "2" fans) instead.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Hey, if they can get close to Noctua performance at lower prices, that's good for consumers! Have to wait to see the tests, though. Often the near-copies don't measure up to the original.
To each their own... everyone's perception of value is different.
I'm fine with paying the premium if it means I'm not replacing the product as often. I've got enough Noctua fans - due to numerous experiments - that I won't have to buy new fans for years...

But I guess none of it really matters as long as one is earning money.

That was real petty of Thermaltake what they did with Phanteks and their Enthoo Luxe 2 - now Enthoo 719.

Everything Thermalfake does is petty. They have no ability to create anything original. Everything they sell steals or borrows from somebody else's original designs and plans. Except maybe the Level 20, or whatever it is, garbage cases that are wall mountable open air, and those suck completely anyhow so it's not surprising that it was something they came up with on their own.

One of the few companies I dislike more than Cooler Master. Probably even more than MSI.

I'd have to dig out the specific threads to remember the exact problems with them, but there are enough to make it a hard pass in my eyes. I'll see if I can find them and I'll PM them to you for a good read.

Everything Thermalfake does is petty. They have no ability to create anything original. Everything they sell steals or borrows from somebody else's original designs and plans. Except maybe the Level 20, or whatever it is, garbage cases that are wall mountable open air, and those suck completely anyhow so it's not surprising that it was something they came up with on their own.

One of the few companies I dislike more than Cooler Master. Probably even more than MSI.

You know, if Cooler Master did "copy, refine (in perf or wider market), and release" to make their end products better, then maybe it wouldn't be so bad. But besides the NR200, I think most CM products haven't really increased the quality of the final product released. I do have some hope for their SFX PSUs, though; price-wise, they are better than Corsair SFX, so I'm interested to see how they fare long-term in quality.