Thermaltake's water coolers?

crisptofuring

Honorable
May 10, 2013
I wanted to get a high-end close-loop water cooler for my new build that has a 4770k, i'm hoping to OC to anywhere between 4.6 GHz to 5.0 GHz. I noticed that the thermaltake water 2.0 extreme suddenly went on sale for $60, which a really sweet deal. Found out that they also have a water 3.0 extreme for $80, i'm not sure what the difference is other than the fact that the 2.0 extreme has a thicker radiator. Is that good or bad? My case is a fractal design r2 XL, so it should be able to accomodate a thicker rad. Is the water 2.0 extreme better than 3.0 extreme? thx!

rajonbeckman

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Oh really? H100i is better?

http://www.pureoverclock.com/Review-detail/thermaltake-water-3-0-performer-and-extreme/7/

Look at the OC graph, which is a more realistic situation that a person spending 100$ on a AIO water cooler. Back up your statement with facts.

The two coolers are close in performance so maybe determining your product by other features may help you chose. I personally chosen the thermaltake because of performance, less wires (so it didn't look so messy in my case), and the size of the rad.

Yes the water 3.0 is better than the 2.0 and yes i do recommend it.