THERMO DEATH!!!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
G

It's stange cuz in the latess studies, Quebec is the first travel choise of American people( like they say "Paris in 5:00h). More: People from Europe mostly prefer coming in Quebec then the rest of Canada.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"I hope Quebec does become independant. It will make Canada a much nicer place to live, and to visit."

Well technicly if you like to see COW and other GREAT stuff like that, Canada's your place to go.
-----------------------------------------------------------
"Can't wait to see what happens the first time you turn to the mother country (France) for aid. You WILL be on your own, and will have engineered your own demise."

I dont tink that France had something to do with us for the past 300 years.(U-K does)

Check some History books before writhing something like that.

G

"How many Americans gave their lives on ships attempting to get supplies to England before and after the American entry into the war? How many American pilots gave their lives to the RAF defending your country? "

Well...that's what War is all abouth, Dying for some food or supplies. U.S did not save U-K, they were busie protecting themself from Japan (U-K did most of the job Vs Germany)
----------------------------------------------------------
"How many of those countries did we help to rebuild after the war? How many of those countries accepted our aid, and have yet to pay us back with anything other then contempt?"

you chould know better...U.S never give something for free, they "HELP" contry in exange of free-trade pact or any other thing they might want!!!
----------------------------------------------------------
"You should thank the "cocky arrogant bast*rds" for the freedom you continue to enjoy today."

Even if that's not my contry you're talking abouth, I dont tink that any contry should thank U.S for anything they've done, cuz all they do is thaking advantage of the Contry in need!!!!!!!!

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<font color=blue>"Even if that's not my contry you're talking abouth, I dont tink that any contry should thank U.S for anything they've done, cuz all they do is thaking advantage of the Contry in need!!!!!!!!"</font color=blue>

Definitely the French attitude! No wonder Quebec is so screwed up.

<font color=blue>"U.S did not save U-K, they were busie protecting themself from Japan (U-K did most of the job Vs Germany)"</font color=blue>

You're the history expert? Who liberated Europe? Didn't the war in Europe end before the war in the Pacific? As brave and gallent as the British were, they could not have survived without the aid from the United States.

Where are you from? Iraq?

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

G

once again meltdown, how many cpus have YOU killed???

probably more Intel than AMD ????????????????????????

thats right your still using your k6-2, lucky there near indestrutible

LOL

however, we all start at the end and finish at the begining

G

"Definitely the French attitude! No wonder Quebec is so screwed up."

That's goooood!!!!!!!!!!
Definitely the American attitude!!!!

U.S alwais take credit for things that they did'nt do, just a little exemple like that who come frome one of your movie: In U-571
you see a bunch of American guys who take controle of a German submarine, BUT as history show you it was in fact a British crew who take that sub.

I tink that American people still live in there little "American Dream" tinking that they are still the best. That was true 10 years ago and beffore that it was U.S.S.R, everyone have there time of glory and your's is gething at a END!!!!!!!!

Geth real you must admit that you are not the best nation anymore!!!!!!!
If i had the choice i would definitely move in Europe beffore moving in the U.S.

tlaughrey

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
1 economy way Usa is a decadent country.
CAN,Germany,france,UK have all bigger growth rate that the USA (PIB).Uk made a major come back.
Do you have any facts to back up this statement, or are you just pulling stuff out of your ass? If not, you need to find some proof before you start spouting off, because I'm pretty sure you're wrong.

2 All usa product is consider weak or cheap.The biggest exsemple is the car, there only american and old timer who buy american car.
Let's see ... that Intel processor you're so proud of is an American product. Since it's so weak and cheap, why don't you find a processor from another country to use. Like AMD ... oh, wait ... they're American, too. Making a blanket statement that all American products are weak and cheap shows how little you actually know.

3 Big war nation that something from the past now is only economy power.
Ask Iraq and Yugoslavia if we're only an economic power.

4 i can assure you that usa is omething from past is time will at the top is finish.
That's your expert opinion? The truth is, like it or not, the U.S. is the only remaining superpower in the world. And with people like you around, it looks like the U.S. doesn't have much to worry about in the future. Why don't you crawl back in your little hole and be quiet before you embarrass yourself any more. Everyone already knows you don't know squat about computers. Now we know you don't know anything about the rest of the world, either.

tlaughrey

Distinguished
May 9, 2001
U.S did not save U-K, they were busie protecting themself from Japan (U-K did most of the job Vs Germany)
You need to brush up on your history, because you don't know sh*t. Go tell a Russian that the UK did "most of the job vs. Germany." Twenty million Russians died fighting the Germans, how many did the UK lose? Not even close to that many. And why didn't the UK invade occupied France before the U.S. came along? Because they couldn't, that's why.

you chould know better...U.S never give something for free, they "HELP" contry in exange of free-trade pact or any other thing they might want!!!
Can you give an example of this claim? I thought not. The U.S. basically rebuilt Europe after WWII with the Marshall Plan, without asking for much in return. Ask the Poles and other Eastern Europeans who they would rather have had in control of them, the U.S. or the Soviet Union.

Even if that's not my contry you're talking abouth, I dont tink that any contry should thank U.S for anything they've done, cuz all they do is thaking advantage of the Contry in need!!!!!!!!
Yep, that's the U.S., going around the world extorting things from all the weak little countries. Come on, get real. You need to open your eyes and get out of the fantasy world you're living in. The U.S. is not the incarnation of evil in the world. To say it is shows a complete lack of understanding of world politics. Shut up and quit making yourself look stupid.

juin

Distinguished
May 19, 2001
France growth rate even beat the one from grmany for 2000 around 3.5%
Canada around 4%
germany around 2.8%
Uk have get one of the best creation employment for 2000

For the USA is near recession and slower growth for sure, just check the stock market.Do you know what mean stock market?

For the cheaper produce USA can survive the world-wide competion.
In Car industry 1 Germany 2 Japan 3 France 4 Usa due to manufacturing probleme.Assembly, quality of the piece use, finishion, all poor quality.

Aircraft industries mostly rule by Airbus that come from France and bombardier who rule the small plane market.The only 1 survivor is Boeing.

Electronique :the Japanesse rule the whole market.

All those industry were rule by USA, now it's long gone.

For Intel/AMD is just a question of time before usa loose it to a others country.

"""Ask Iraq and Yugoslavia if we're only an economic power."

Does Iraq have a super low life quality compare to USA.

Usa go down by itself a growing crime rate and all that stuff do you need a explaination to see you are a ass-hole or that's ok.

For the USA save the world in world war 2 that totaly false.

1 between 1918 to 1939 USA have give money to germany.With that money the where able to re-construt there country and re-start a world war.

2The nuclear bomb was able to be create because there were spying on Germany also for the missile.Even the modern figther come from a copy of the Arrow.

3 Usa in indonesia have create employment in exchange there compagny was able to suck them.Good USA !!!!!

If you want more tell

G

I wont even reply to this one, I tink that juin made it clear that you are not what you tink you are, in every way possible.

Economic, industries, war, ...............

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
You are a perfect example of what happens when you do not live in a free society with true freedom of the press. You are "educated" with falsehoods, and conditioned to believe your sub-standard of living is indeed superior.

All of Europe owes its existance today to the United States. Like it or not, these are the facts:

The United States kept England from falling to the Nazis.

The United States spearheaded the liberation of Europe, while fighting a second war in the Pacific against Japan.

While having absolute military superiority, the United States used RESTRAINT to achieve its goals. Yes, we dropped two atomic bombs. How many would the Nazis or the Russians have dropped if they developed them? If the Nazis had the bomb, Russia would be a radioactive wasteland today.

The United States rebuilt Europe after the war, forgiving much of the debt owed by Europe.

At the end of WWII, the United States had the power to take over the WORLD. We didn't. Had the Russians or Nazis won the war, do you think they would have stopped in Europe?

What might have happened if the United States never entered the war in Europe? While we will never know, this scenario is very possible: England WOULD have fallen to the Nazis. The Nazis would have been able to concentrate their full war effort on ONE front, the Russian front. Russia WOULD have fallen. Europe today would be part of the Nazi regime.

Present time: At the end of the Gulf war, why didn't the United States depose of Saddam Hussein and take over Iraq? It was and is certainly in our power to do so. It would also be to our advantage, as we are the leading consumer of energy in the world. So why didn't we? There was no army to stop us (Saddam's army was destroyed). We didn't because it wasn't our goal. Our goal was to liberate Kuwait, and bring peace back to the Middle East, all of which were accomplished. What did we gain? High oil prices today? It was our goal to neutralize any threat that Saddam Hussein had to the Middle East. That was accomplished. We went no farther (though I still believe we should have).

Keeper and Juin - the Fugger and AMDMeltDown of history....

<font color=blue>This is a Forum, not a playground. Treat it with Respect.</font color=blue>

G

While alot of your facts of history are correct you do have to remember the incedent that made you enter the war in the forst place and it was nothing to do with the need to help the rest of the world.
As for current economic power , you have an up and coming threat , I don't know if it will become what it has potetial for but the EU has similar power and Wealth to the US , I hope that this will bring greater stability to the general world economy.
A final mark for your history remember that the UK was once ([-peep-] that was long ago) the owner of most of the world but being British they just kind of let it go/lost it over time (mainly cos they didn't like actually fighting ppl who had weapons), always watch for the same signs in the USA.

M

if at first you don't succeed , destroy all evidence that you ever tried...

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
We certainly did not enter the war to help the world. The combined threat of Europe and Japan gave us no choice. However, at the end of the war, the United States could have taken what it pleased. It did not. For those who will criticize our presence in Japan today, that is a consequence of Japan's actions. Had they not declared war on us, had they not attacked Pearl Harbor, they would have been free to attempt their conquest of the world.

<font color=blue>"A final mark for your history remember that the UK was once ([-peep-] that was long ago) the owner of most of the world but being British they just kind of let it go/lost it over time (mainly cos they didn't like actually fighting ppl who had weapons), always watch for the same signs in the USA."</font color=blue>

That was a very different time. The technology available didn't permit England the resources to control lands that were weeks away in travel time. Given todays technology, England would have been the ruler of the world! The American revolution would have been put down before it could start. Falkland Islands, for example.

As for the EU being an economic power, I will refrain from comments due to the "International audience" of this forum. All I will say is there are factors of influence within the EU that will cause it's collapse years from now.

We cannot predict the future. But we do know what has happened and cannot change history (although there are many who are desparate to rewrite and alter it).

I have no sight to future events. My opinion only....

G

PLS say more about the factor that will cause the collapse of teh EU I am always very intersted in economics, as for the international audience we are all adults and should be able to talk freely about our opinions.....after all in case you didn't notice I am not american...

M

if at first you don't succeed , destroy all evidence that you ever tried...

kavbear

Distinguished
May 2, 2001
JUIN, are you truly this stupid, or do you just do this for laughs?

"Does Iraq have a super low life quality compare to USA."

Yes you moron, they do. The only ones in Iraq that have an even decent standard of living are those in power.

"Usa go down by itself a growing crime rate and all that stuff do you need a explaination to see you are a ass-hole or that's ok. "

I don't know how to respond to this, I can't even tell what the hell you are saying. Use a grammar guide please!

"1 between 1918 to 1939 USA have give money to germany.With that money the where able to re-construt there country and re-start a world war.

2The nuclear bomb was able to be create because there were spying on Germany also for the missile.Even the modern figther come from a copy of the Arrow.

3 Usa in indonesia have create employment in exchange there compagny was able to suck them.Good USA !!!!!"

The U.S. gave Germany money to try to rebuild their economy so that they would not be bitter and destitute. Of course, they forgot that generousity much like many countries the U.S. helps.

If the U.S. was able to steal the nuke from the Germans, then cheers to us for being clever enough to get it. Also, if we just stole it and didn't develop it, why did we have it first?

"If you want more tell "

What I want is for you to make an intelligent remark for a change. Please take some time to gather your thoughts before you reply.

No man stands so tall, as when he stoops to tweak his rig.

G

Boy, I really hate to contribute to this garbage thread, but here goes...

>U.S alwais take credit for things that they did'nt do,
>just a little exemple like that who come frome one of your
>movie: In U-571
>you see a bunch of American guys who take controle of a
>German submarine, BUT as history show you it was in fact a
>British crew who take that sub.

U-571 is fiction based loosely on several incidents in WWII
What you are referring to is the capture of U-110 in 1941, which is arguably the most important capture of a naval vessel in history due to the capture of the enigma machine & codebooks. And yes, the british did that. The U-110 sank while under tow to england.

U-571 was probably based more closely on the capture of U-505 in 1944, which was captured by the U.S.S. Pillsbury and sailed under it's own power to Bermuda. It now resides in Chicago. The enigma codebooks captured from this vessel were tremendously useful also.

Note that most of the movie was entirely fiction.
- No submarine crew, US or otherwise, ever captured a U-boat
- No captured U-boat was ever used in action by the capturing crew (U-570 was captured & later re-commisioned as the HMS Graph. Never sank anything though).

And to those who say the U.S. did not rebuild Europe after WWII, please read up on the Marshall plan. McArthur's involvment in the rebuilding of Japan is fascinating as well. Particularly his influence in the drafting of their constitution.

In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice.
In practice, there is.

Matisaro

Splendid
Mar 23, 2001
I dont want to involve myself in the american bashing(im american btw)

But heres a little historical fact.

The germans were no where near as close to the atom bomb as the us ever, the US never stole anything about the atom bomb from germany, our spies revealed in 43 the germans had nothing, and oppenheimer kept it from the US scientists so they would keep working on it.(they were mostly only working on the bomb in fear the germans would have it first and use it)

Everone says the atom bomb is evil, but when the asteroid is coming and we use that technology to save us(one day) everyone will have to stfu about it.

PS: AMDMeltdown, Im running a 1.33@1.5 and my idle is 91 degrees, Only a moron would melt their chip(unless the fan died but a good mobo monitor would prevent the meltdown) so shut up with your crap.

~Matisaro~
"Friends don't let friends buy Pentiums"
~Tbird1.3@1.55~

G

Yes it's a great thing that U.S have done for Kuwait, but at the same time they did it cuz Iraq were not willing to let the U.N check them for chemical weapon and they did not want to take the chance, knowing that Saddam had some of those.

I can't say that U.S have not done good action in the past, but what i'm trying to say is that they are not the super power they were and i tink they will never be able to regain there title , the only thing that they still have is there reputation and that big army, owerver China is not very far beind.

jlbigguy

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
<font color=blue>"I can't say that U.S have not done good action in the past, but what i'm trying to say is that they are not the super power they were and i tink they will never be able to regain there title , the only thing that they still have is there reputation and that big army, owerver China is not very far beind."</font color=blue>

We are not the superpower we were, and all we have is that big army. I guess that says it all.

I won't even comment on the comparison to China. I am laughing too hard, and now my side hurts!

SammyBoy

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2001
I have to add my $0.02 here, just because I love history and I'm an American, unable to sit back and watch things without getting involved (it's a patriotic thing, I guess).

First off, it is the American public who does not like, as the '92 election coined it, being the "policemen of the world." We hate meddling in worldwide conflicts and problems as much as the world hates watching us do it. We do not like to see our servicemen go off into distant lands, and we do not like the constant travel warnings put out by the State Department due to those military actions. As a whole, we do not like military action unless we see our interests being threatened. But, the politicians see differently, and sometimes, correctly. Sometimes, things like the Bosnia and Kosovo conflicts may not directly affect us as a country, but politically and ethically, we cannot stand by when we have the means (when used properly) to help (for some reason, those ethical standards have yet to extend to African conflicts). This situation presents itself time and time again. The Vietnam War, the Korean Conflict, WWI and WWII, etc. are examples of times where some kind of flare up in the world that affected us (either real, like the WWs, or imagined, like Vietnam). It used to be that the USA was a isolationist country, not likely to intervine in anything outside of its borders. WWI changed that, slowly, as we realized that a war in Europe can has negative effects on the USA. The public continued to oppose it, as they just saw their husbands, fathers, and sons coming back in body bags from some foreign land, dying for a cause that they didn't understand. WWII would never have seen the USA if not for the bombing of Pearl Harbor. Before that, the public strongly opposed anything more than humanitarian aid to the Allied countries, as it made the people feel good about helping the war effort. After Pearl Harbor though, people went balistic, calling for a decimation of the Japanese (hence the internment camps of Asians, but nothing for Germans or Italians). The politicians happily complied, as they knew that things in Europe were going very bad for Britin (the only remaining Allied "power" left). Having the resources to fight a two front-war was no problem for the USA, as we had the manpower, industrial power, and the public's zeal to destroy the tyrants of the world. So, while the British valiently held off the Germans, soon enough, the British would have been beaten, but not without heavy losses for the Germans. With America's public entrence into the war (there were squadrons of American pilots whoring themselves to the British), that inevitably turned the tide of WWII both in the Atlantic and Pacific.

After the USSR gobbled up huge chunks of land after the war, America, in between rebuilding Europe and Asia, came down with Red Fever, causing them to see commies in every nook and cranny. The politicians became paranoid and soon drafted a policy for world politics. It basically stated that the US would become the democratic champion in the world, bravely crusading against communisum (aka the Russians) That is the explination of both Korea and Vietnam, as well as the formation of NATO. Now, after the Gulf War, Americans are again tired of policing the world, and are sick of hearing about bombing Iraqi targets, NATO peacekeepers, and other worldwide conflicts. Those of you who detest American involvement in the world will be happy to know that the current crop of politicians are become isolationists, willing to let the world, as they see it, desrtoy itself, since the world seems to hate America (their basic reasoning, not mine).

Now, economically, it is accepted in America that soon China will become the economic leader in the world, due solely to it's size and population. We accept that as a country, but still, there is Red Fever in the politics, and that makes the USA act irrationally sometimes in policies towards Taiwan/China. Also, while the American economy may be slowing, that means nothing, as unemployment is still around %4.5-5, our GDP is still growing, and inflation is still low.

Militarilly, we still have the power to wipe out small countries. It is US military policy to be prepared to fight two regional wars at the same time, and since most action the US takes now are joint efforts either with NATO or the UN, that leaves plenty of forces in reserve.

In closing, America, hated be some (mainly China, France, and Russia, if one looks at the UN Security Council), loved by a few (at least in terms of closeness), and tolerated by most, is still a country to be rekoned with, as we still have enough military, economic, and political (aka bullying) power to dictate some world issues. The EU, while a good plan, may still yet dissolve, as the differences in regional policies make for an unstable coalition at best. China will be a world power, but in terms of overall power, will not best America, yet. And the rest of the world is still recovering from a post-Cold War era, as no longer are S. America and Africa important places for superpowers' interests. They are still important areas, but either do not have the stablity or the power to leverage any kind of world wide schemes.

-SammyBoy

Without Evil, there can be no Good. Therefore, without an Intel, there can be no AMD.

paulj

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
Certainly the United States of America is not a perfect nation, but the following is the foundation upon which we operate.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. --That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed..." Declaration of Indepedence

"All human beings are created equal. They need no title or qualification beyond their own simple humanity in order to command respect for their intrinsic human dignity, their "unalienable rights."
The basic purpose of government is to secure these rights, and its highest end is to further the safety and happiness of the people by doing so. Accordingly, no government is just or legitimate if it systematically violates the rights on which so much of our hope rests. ....
But the Declaration [of Independence] is more than just an assertion of rights. It also makes a clear statement about the ultimate source of authority which commands respect for those rights. God, the Creator, the author of the laws of nature, is that source." Alan Keyes

The United States is founded on the principle that government exists only to serve the people and derives all its powers from the people. Government does not give out rights. It exist to preserve rights and serve it's constituents. That is a rare commodity.

Perhaps you have had a bad experience with an American. If so I regret that. It is easy for any people to become overly ethnocentric. Americans have many reasons to be proud. While not perfect in all our actions we have positively influenced the world towards more freedom and opportunity.

America is built on justice and opportunity for all.

Statue Inscription (Statue of Liberty, gift from France to USA July 4, 1884):

The New Colossus
Not like the brazen giant of Greek fame,
with conquering limbs astride from land to land;
Here at our sea-washed, sunset gates shall stand
a mighty woman with a torch
whose flame is imprisoned lightning,
and her name Mother of Exiles.

From her beacon-hand glows
world-wide welcome;
her mild eyes command the air-bridged harbor
that twin cities frame.
"Keep ancient lands your storied pomp!"
cries she with silent lips.

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"

Emma Lazarus (1849-1887) Inscription from the Statue of Liberty

This is what the United States of America is founded upon. These are the principles that if adhered to will keep us strong.

paulj

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
With all due respect, China is vastly different than the US. I have been there. There are more people riding small carts pulled by ox than cars. The people are oppressed. As long as the government maintains its oppression they will not be strong. And talk about a country that copies and steals technology... China is known for it's copyright and patent infringement.
Most things from China are cheap items that are simple to manufacture and are affordable because of wages that are extremely low. I work in the oil and gas industry and have visited facilities in China. They would have 40 - 50 people operating a plant that would be manned by 3 people in the US, UK or other developed nation.
Don't get me wrong, the Chinese have great potential but they will not succeed with the oppressive government that rules them.

G

WOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!
Don't geth me wrong on that one, but i said that there military power were not so far from the one of the U.S( if you exclude all military treatise like U.N/CAN./.....).I dont know if they're afraid of something but for the past years they have put a lot of money in they military tech.

I tink that you can Go see the U.N website for all the latess studies on economic/military/growth rate.......(Or if it's not the right site i'll post a link to the site some other day)

paulj

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2001
Unfortunately your attitude is similar to many in the world. I just have one question. When there is a crisis (earthquake, fire, disaster) in the world who is often one of the first to support those in need? The US government and the many US charities and religious organizations. Who helped prop up the French, Russian, and Mexican currencies in years past?

When the midwest US was struck by catastrophic tornadoes what country send aid and support? When Florida and the Carolinas were struck by massive huricanes what country sent support? When the Mississippi river flooded nearby towns for hundreds of miles who helped?

Americans have a very generous heart and support too many countries and peoples to name. Most of which rarely if ever reciprocate or show appreciation. Many return our kindness with indifference or rudeness.