These Are the Civilization V System Requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hard Line

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2008
hmmmm video contains content from playcast. who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds... roflmao guess they don't want me to see what the game is like to make a decision on whether or not to purchase .. this is too funny talk about shooting yourself in the foot lol

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
Looks cool, I've always wanted to try the Civ series as it's been around a long time, they must be doing something right. But the "OS: Windows" part is a show stopper. Sorry, I cannot play the game, and therefore they won't get my money, until it comes to OSX or Linux.

wotan31

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2009
And why are they recommending a quad core CPU? Is this game really multi threaded like that? If so, that's great news that these newer games are finally taking advantage of multiple cores.

Tmanishere

Distinguished
Jun 23, 2009
I'm not sure why they would need a quad core CPU for... Have the AI improved so much that it really utilizes milti-thread? I kinda doubt that. I'm thinking it's more for HD movies or something.

chrisjust98

Distinguished
Jan 6, 2010
[citation][nom]zinabas[/nom]I'm assuming 1.8 quadcore translates to 2.4 triple core (AMD) or 3.6 dual core both of which are doable and do exist.[/citation]

Or maybe they're talking like the mobile Core i7 that's 1.8 Ghz?

[citation][nom]Tamz_msc[/nom]Those requirements look good, but is there any desktop 1.8 GHZ quad core CPU?[/citation]

Well, would you like it at 3.0GHz? :lol: Then dont ask silly questions. :p

Anyways, to answer your question out of quad core desktop cpu's, yes this is.

Phenom x4 9100e & 9150e (not phenom ii x4) are both 1.8 GHz. There the lowest "GHZ" desktop quad core cpu out there that i can find.

ryan156

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2010
My Pentium Dual-Core over-clocked to 3.0Ghz might be a bit strained...never really had to think about hardware for a strategy game before.

sirmorluk

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]wotan31[/nom]Looks cool, I've always wanted to try the Civ series as it's been around a long time, they must be doing something right. But the "OS: Windows" part is a show stopper. Sorry, I cannot play the game, and therefore they won't get my money, until it comes to OSX or Linux.[/citation]
Funny I play Civ 4 on my iMac all the time. Civ 5 will be released for the Mac as well. I think it runs better on my Windows boxes though.

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
DX 11 - that's a pleasant surprise

Quad Core - finally. 5 minutes waiting per round on a 3.0GHz C2Q really drags out the game. (custom huge Earth map with preset players at 1940)

4 GB RAM - finally 64bit? I can see how 3.5GB of ram will limit custom contents if it is still 32 bit.

rockstone1

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2007
[citation][nom]Hard Line[/nom]hmmmm video contains content from playcast. who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds... roflmao guess they don't want me to see what the game is like to make a decision on whether or not to purchase .. this is too funny talk about shooting yourself in the foot lol[/citation]

Wow

moeswow

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
It supports dx11 but recommended settings are usually the low-end hardware to play the game nicely. still funny though.

Also it doesnt surprise me one bit that a rts requires a Quad Core considering the huge amount of units u can build and the amount of animations going on.

As others mentioned its nice to see that its probably going to support multi-threaded cpu's, finally games have caught up with the hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.