These fans are driving me crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Philipe

Prominent
Jul 10, 2017
Asus VivoBook 15.6" Full HD Touchscreen 2 in 1 Laptop Computer, Intel 7th Gen i7-7500U 2.7Ghz CPU, 12GB DDR4 RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD, NVIDIA GeForce 940MX 2GB Graphics, HDMI, USB Type-C, Windows 10
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This laptop is 2-3 days old and it works exactly like its suppose to but after 2 gaming sessions at 75-80 degrees Celsius and about 11 hours in total, its no longer that quiet PC I got on the first day. The fans are constantly on even at idle temperatures of 37-42 degrees Celsius and they make these low hum vibration noises with no rest, its something that you'd hear from an old PC. It gets really annoying after a couple of minutes and I don't even want to do another gaming session thinking I might make the noise even louder. CPU usage is at 8-9% with 4 tabs open, so it can't be the CPU. Right now I don't even know what to do. This noise is getting to me. Something like this shouldn't happen on a brand new laptop.

Solution
Sadly not every 'gaming' laptop is worthy of the name; many have thermal issues.
Fortunately it sounds like you are still well within your return window.
Status
Not open for further replies.