[SOLVED] These GPUs are good for a gaming monitor that is 144hz? few questions

danny009

Reputable
Apr 11, 2019
  1. GTX 1050 Ti 4GB and GTX 1660 are OK graphics cards for a 144hz monitor? Can 144hz screen damage my old gtx 1050 ti?
  2. What will happen when I first plugged in to HDMI/DP and boot up the computer, do I get a image directly or I have to do extra config in BIOS or safe mode
  3. Can I change 144hz screen to 60Hz anytime I want? that can cause problems?
  4. Can I play games in 20fps with a 144hz monitor? That can result in problems?
  5. 144hz can draw so much power from my PSU?

Thank you in advance and have a great day-

Solution
  1. not any more than turning vsync off would
  2. the same things that would happen with any normal monitor: default everything until defaults are overridden by user settings
  3. yes, same place you set custom resolutions
  4. games run at whatever frame rate they are going to run regardless of monitor unless they are limited by vsync being on regardless of what monitor is plugged in
  5. since your 1050Ti will be struggling to break 60fps in most somewhat modern games, it is highly unlikely that 144Hz will have much of an impact on power consumption and most of that extra consumption would be from the CPU pushing more frames if you are playing with vsync on. If you play with vsync off, then your CPU is already going through its part of...

InvalidError

Titan
  1. not any more than turning vsync off would
  2. the same things that would happen with any normal monitor: default everything until defaults are overridden by user settings
  3. yes, same place you set custom resolutions
  4. games run at whatever frame rate they are going to run regardless of monitor unless they are limited by vsync being on regardless of what monitor is plugged in
  5. since your 1050Ti will be struggling to break 60fps in most somewhat modern games, it is highly unlikely that 144Hz will have much of an impact on power consumption and most of that extra consumption would be from the CPU pushing more frames if you are playing with vsync on. If you play with vsync off, then your CPU is already going through its part of the game engine as fast as it can regardless of what the GPU and monitor are doing

Solution

TRENDING THREADS