Question They gave me wrong RAM?

Feb 14, 2020
Hello, i recently bought a PC:
i7 9700k
RTX 2080 Super
HyperX fury 2 x 16gb 2666mhz

the problem is that at 2666mhz my pc isn't stable, my games crash and i got like 4 bsod in 2 days lol

once i changed the RAM frequency to 2400mhz everything works great.

Am i missing something or they gave me 2 hyperX fury 2400mhz instead of what i paid for.
I looked on the RAMs but there isn't any indication of the max frequency :/

check the stated specifications(timings, voltage, speed, etc) for the memory in the BIOS. compare that to the manufacturer stated specs required. if different, manually enter the manufacturer stated specs.
a lot of board's default settings are different than what's required.
Am i missing something or they gave me 2 hyperX fury 2400mhz instead of what i paid for.
I looked on the RAMs but there isn't any indication of the max frequency :/
did you buy this system pre-built? if so, you may need to contact the retailer for a detailed invoice with each piece of hardware's model/serial numbers. then check those vs HyperX's online product details.
a good reason to never buy pieced together systems pre-built.

if this system was pieced together at home; check the memory's packaging and documentation for manufacturer specs.

Feb 14, 2020
check the stated specifications(timings, voltage, speed, etc) for the memory in the BIOS. compare that to the manufacturer stated specs required. if different, manually enter the manufacturer stated specs.
a lot of board's default settings are different than what's required.

did you buy this system pre-built? if so, you may need to contact the retailer for a detailed invoice with each piece of hardware's model/serial numbers. then check those vs HyperX's online product details.
a good reason to never buy pieced together systems pre-built.

if this system was pieced together at home; check the memory's packaging and documentation for manufacturer specs.
Nevermind i did run memtest this morning and found 800 errors in the first pass lol.. but yeah it is pre built, i have the warranty so i think shouldn't be any problem...

yeah it is pre built, i have the warranty so i think shouldn't be any problem...
another thing that sucks about pre-built systems; for RMA service you more than likely will have to ship the intact system back to the retailer and may have to cover shipping yourself. whereas a custom/home built, you would only be shipping the RAM package separately.
if they are not offering, try to convince the support agent that you need a prepaid shipping label sent to you for the RMA.

Reactions: G.A.B