[SOLVED] They write this is an office PC, can I do more with it than surfing websites? Lenovo PC

Solution
https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/deskto...ower-desktops/Lenovo-V55t-15API/p/11LV1VDV55T

hello, they write this is an office PC, can I do more with it than surfing websites?

Videoediting, google earth, audacity recordings, 6 youtube tabs open at the same time? watching Videos with excellent picture quality?
Well Yes:)
If you want to use it for Video editing i would recommend to buy a Graphics card because you have only Intergrated graphics.
The system will be better if it would have another 1x 8GB RAM stick and the graphics card.....If you have those i would say it will work for you and your Video editing and things!
I'd say yes for everything other than video editing which will work but will probably be mediocre. I recommend that when you buy this, you buy an extra 8GB Ram because the ram inside that is single channel.
You should be able to buy a better system in that money honestly but this answers your questions i hope.

Bassplate

Reputable
https://www.lenovo.com/gb/en/deskto...ower-desktops/Lenovo-V55t-15API/p/11LV1VDV55T

hello, they write this is an office PC, can I do more with it than surfing websites?

Videoediting, google earth, audacity recordings, 6 youtube tabs open at the same time? watching Videos with excellent picture quality?
Well Yes:)
If you want to use it for Video editing i would recommend to buy a Graphics card because you have only Intergrated graphics.
The system will be better if it would have another 1x 8GB RAM stick and the graphics card.....If you have those i would say it will work for you and your Video editing and things!

Solution

tzuzu100

Reputable
Feb 2, 2019
Thanks.

What should a PC have to do be efficient for videoediting?

and

This PC only has 180 Watts, will it be enough for a graphics card?

and

I thought the CPU is responsible for videoediting? What will a graphics card do ?

Bassplate

Reputable
Thanks.

What should a PC have to do be efficient for videoediting?

and

This PC only has 180 Watts, will it be enough for a graphics card?

and

I thought the CPU is responsible for videoediting? What will a graphics card do ?
GPU(Graphics card) receives instructions and data on displaying an image from the CPU (central processing unit, the command and control center of your computer). Then it processes the data and tells the computer screen what to display. And your computer screen receives the signals from the GPU and displays the image.
So the CPU only handles the prosessing of the computer (If you dont have an GPU installed the CPU have stress to handle both Graphics and Prosessing).
So its better to have an graphics card installed Because then the graphics card can do the Graphics and the CPU can do the prosessing.Your system will have major performance and Quality if you get a new GPU

Yes you have to upgrade your Power supply if you want to insert an graphics card.Maybe upgrade to an 500W or an 650W.