THG GF3 round up

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Drool! Double Drool!!! Makes me feel like I am driving a Pinto vice a Porche 911. GF3 has no competition when it comes to 3d gaming for both quality, features and speed. I hope the Radeon 2 can put forth some competition in this area, plus I am looking forwared to the Radeon 2 Hydravision capability, duel monitor or monitor and TV outputs. Wished the article went through some of the features for 3d rendering as in FSAA and Anisotropic filtering with some images. The article did achieve its purpose of comparing the different GF3s available without getting to technical into the details. Wished 2d quality was compared but then again these are ment for the serious gamer and not the geeky computer wize kid. If I had a choice between them it would be the ASUS hands down. I wonder how those shutter glasses would work in Serious Sam or NOLF?

AEboy128

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2001
Thats a pretty interesting article i read that earlier. :smile:

My system: <A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=8946" target="_new">http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?rigid=8946</A>

G

check out how well it can really overclock :)
http://www.xbitlabs.com/video/geforce3-overclocking/

hmg57

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2001
Interesting :)

But you gotta love risks and/or be skilled to perform these mods. Personnally, I wouldn't do it on a 350$ vid card. Better try it first on a "poor" GTS :)

Fuzzy Wuzzy was a bear, Fuzzy Wuzzy had no hair...

mawfia

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2001
This isnt really related to the origianl thread but ill ask anyway. When is the Raedon2 expected to release out the the market?

So I guess fuzzy wuzzy wasnt really a bear after all!!!

noko

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2001
Expect them in September/October. ATI is being rather quit about their future killer graphics card. Unusual for them since they are confirmed to be ready. Still ATI says 4th quarter. This is actually different then how ATI use to promote future projects which built up expectations and pre orders. Usually ended up with delays, luckily last year the Radeon made it on the scene one month earilier then promised by ATI. I hope ATI releases more info in the near future. ATI is not prematurely killing off the earlier line which Nvidia did with the GF3 and the GF2 Ultra/pro.

I am not sure if ATI is having .15micron manufacturing delays or delays in getting the fast 3.8ns ram needed to mass produce the boards. Plus the new boards may have newer designed VideoIn and VideoOut components. So the more ATI delays releasing information the more I expect them to delay the Radeon2. Releasing infomation early promotes the early buyers to fork over the money also stops a number of buyers looking for a card in that range a.k.a GF3 from buying their competition. The next question is how much? Rumor is $299 retail for a 64meg VIVO version, street $250. Supposenly a 128meg version and obviously an All-In-Wonder Radeon2 would also be available, expect a $399 price tag. Now I do believe all of those models will be hydravision models.