THGC Graphics Card Buyers' Guide (05/Dec/2005)

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Paaullyy

Distinguished
May 8, 2006
hey guys,
i recently built a new computer, with a gecube ati radeon x1300 pro, 512mb ddrII, and already had take it back, because the screen would flicker sometimes, and before the windows xp loading screen, a fullscreen of garbled lines and boxes would show up.

do u think the card is good or not? if not what card would u recommend, for the same price, around $200AUD

cleeve

Illustrious
X1300 PROs are decent baseline cards, you just got a bad one is all.

I don't know what australian prices are like, just cross reference the most expensive one you can afford with the 'best cards for the money' thread.

unbiased4u

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
I just got a low-end card: An Nvidia GF4 Ti4200...is it better than the Ati 9550? I got the Ti for $33 with shipping...and the ATi is ~$40 no shipping...

cleeve

Illustrious
I'd have gone for the 9550 as it's a DirectX 9 part and very overclockable, the Ti4200 is a DirectX 8 part and quite old by today's standards... but as for raw framerates they're not worlds apart.

Someone has to update this buyer's guide...

ctbaars

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2007
Why does the link for this thread show up on the (related) Forum list on the right side in the current "do drivers make a difference ... " article?

TRENDING THREADS