Thief 4 - Why Not try this instead ?

Why not put together a Fan Based CDR?

How about

"The Best Of Volume 1" for Thief 1

"The Best Of Volume 1" for Thief 2

These would be seperate CD'rs for Thief 1 and Thief 2 that Fans
could download the ISO/MDS/Bin-Cue etc with the latest loader
plus up to date patches and cheats for Thief 1(cd1) or Thief 2(cd1) ?

These could be Fan based mission pack cdr's type of thing.

Along with this. what about a small contest for the best CD labels
and possibly even PDF (I guess) booklet telling about whats all
included on the cdr ?

I saw to keep them apart. Thief 1 from Thief 2 for game reasons so
New people can enjoy things with less confusion.

Geneve

--
"If confused why this or that is going on."
"I suggest you go to http://www.timdoc.com"

MOS

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2004

"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message
> Why not put together a Fan Based CDR?
>
> How about
>
> "The Best Of Volume 1" for Thief 1
>
> "The Best Of Volume 1" for Thief 2
>
> These would be seperate CD'rs for Thief 1 and Thief 2
> that Fans could download the ISO/MDS/Bin-Cue etc with the
> latest loader
> plus up to date patches and cheats for Thief 1(cd1) or
> Thief 2(cd1) ?
>
> These could be Fan based mission pack cdr's type of thing.
>
> Along with this. what about a small contest for the best
> CD labels and possibly even PDF (I guess) booklet
> telling about whats all included on the cdr ?
>
> I saw to keep them apart. Thief 1 from Thief 2 for game
> reasons so New people can enjoy things with less
> confusion.
>
> Geneve

What some might consider the best, others might
not. Some love to ghost through a whole mission,
whereas I don't like to be forced into it. It's OK for
some places, but the whole mission is a bit much.
Some people like to kill everything that moves, but
to me, that's not being thiefy. Killing people (even if
they are only pixelated persons who have a right to
live if only while the game is being played) should be
only a last resort. ...unless it's Karras. Oh, and maybe
also Mechinist archers... I prefer to run away, live
to bonk them on the head another day.
</sermon from a soapbox>

The guy that runs Keep of Metal and Gold (hope it's
the correct site) has CDs of FMs, but who is to say
they're "the best of". I think it's mostly for people that
are unable to download or have really slow connects.

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 11:20:59 -0600, "Mos" <Not@YourHouse> wrote:

>"Geneve" <a@n.com> wrote in message
>> Why not put together a Fan Based CDR?
>>
>> How about
>>
>> "The Best Of Volume 1" for Thief 1
>>
>> "The Best Of Volume 1" for Thief 2
>>
>> These would be seperate CD'rs for Thief 1 and Thief 2
>> that Fans could download the ISO/MDS/Bin-Cue etc with the
>> latest loader
>> plus up to date patches and cheats for Thief 1(cd1) or
>> Thief 2(cd1) ?
>>
>> These could be Fan based mission pack cdr's type of thing.
>>
>> Along with this. what about a small contest for the best
>> CD labels and possibly even PDF (I guess) booklet
>> telling about whats all included on the cdr ?
>>
>> I saw to keep them apart. Thief 1 from Thief 2 for game
>> reasons so New people can enjoy things with less
>> confusion.
>>
>> Geneve
>
>What some might consider the best, others might
>not. Some love to ghost through a whole mission,
>whereas I don't like to be forced into it. It's OK for
>some places, but the whole mission is a bit much.
>Some people like to kill everything that moves, but
>to me, that's not being thiefy. Killing people (even if
>they are only pixelated persons who have a right to
>live if only while the game is being played) should be
>only a last resort. ...unless it's Karras. Oh, and maybe
>also Mechinist archers... I prefer to run away, live
>to bonk them on the head another day.
></sermon from a soapbox>
>
>The guy that runs Keep of Metal and Gold (hope it's
>the correct site) has CDs of FMs, but who is to say
>they're "the best of". I think it's mostly for people that
>are unable to download or have really slow connects.

Komag (easy to remember his name since it's an abbreviation of his site
name) was putting ALL the missions on DVD last I heard. Or at least I
thought that was his goal. I know my own collection is over 2GB so even
two CDs wouldn't hold them all.
http://www.keepofmetalandgold.com/

--
Michael Cecil