Things have got faster today.

Following on from a previous post I thought I would post an update. Firstly
I needed to change ISP as I wasn't happy with the previous one. I have now
gone from 512Kbps to 4Mbps + (measured it at 5.2Mbps earlier). I can now
stream from here http://www.flightlevel350.com/ with no problem at all. As
changing ISPs lost me USENET access I've also gone for a "pay for" service
which is much better.

All in all I'm quite happy tonight :))

Regards

Geoff

GREGORY

On Tue, 5 Apr 2005 19:06:07 +0100, "GeoffC" <geoff_noise@hotmail.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Following on from a previous post I thought I would post an update. Firstly
>I needed to change ISP as I wasn't happy with the previous one. I have now
>gone from 512Kbps to 4Mbps + (measured it at 5.2Mbps earlier). I can now
>stream from here http://www.flightlevel350.com/ with no problem at all. As
>changing ISPs lost me USENET access I've also gone for a "pay for" service
>which is much better.
>
>All in all I'm quite happy tonight :))
>

>Regards
>
>Geoff

good link.. have saved numerous .wmv files to disk.

Those old jet engines blew some smoke.. didn't they!! :)

Back in the shop.. in the days when there WAS a shop.. we'd have all
the specs on cable head-ends.. terminal equipment.. subscriber units..
etc. and the number 6 Mbps seems to ring a bell. The original @Home
Network.. cable ISP in greater Baltimore.. would crank to the max.
That was fantastic back in 1998!! Used Linux machine as firewall /
gateway to cable modem.

-Gregory

dallas

"GeoffC"
> gone from 512Kbps to 4Mbps + (measured it at 5.2Mbps earlier).
> All in all I'm quite happy tonight :))

Now if we could just double your frame rates you'd win the trifecta.. :)

Dallas

Yep it does F'all for frame rates.