[SOLVED] Think it maybe bottleneck, someone help?

Jun 18, 2020
So recently got a pc up and running, main components being an i7-7700k and a gtx 1050ti, I used to be on an i3/750 ti setup and was getting orughly 250fps, but with this upgrade I am now on 220fps avg, this makes no sense, can someone please help?

Solution
Yes, you get them on the Manufacturers site. Google the boards model# and then select the Gigabyte page for it.

one the boards page, to the let of the picture of the board (usually upright against the box) you'll see;
Key Features Specifications Support Buy Now

Click Support. On the next page select your version of Windows in the drop down box for the OS.

I would normally pre- download the following drivers just to have them ready: Audio, Chipset ( the INF and Serial IO (if its there)), Lan, USB (if there are any) & VGA (if planning on using the CPU's GPU)

Again, I install the Chipset drivers, followed by the GPU that you get from AMD or Nvidia, and then the rest of the motherbd drivers.

If you...

popatim

Titan
Did you install windows new to this setup and install your motherbd chipset driver, gpu drivers, and then the rest of your mobo drivers?

If not then the issue may be that your windows is either running on the wrong drivers or using MS default drivers.
Another possible source for the difference is that the stronger GPU is now setting the games graphics details higher then you had before.

Reactions: Mikoooo
Jun 18, 2020
Did you install windows new to this setup and install your motherbd chipset driver, gpu drivers, and then the rest of your mobo drivers?

If not then the issue may be that your windows is either running on the wrong drivers or using MS default drivers.
Another possible source for the difference is that the stronger GPU is now setting the games graphics details higher then you had before.
unfortunatly no windows activated, I have windows installed but had no idea that new mobo meant new key was needed, but from research I thought this shouldnt cause a probem? correct me if im wrong though as im a newbie here! What is my mobo chipset? I got something with my mobo that has f_panel written on it, is that it? and if so no have not installed, gpu drivers all installed but no mobo drivers are installed so guessing will have to start there?
And shouldnt be the graphics as I run all my games on low or medium graphics, just strange how with a better system I have worse fps!

rebooting with a new mainboard/CPU likely means you, at a minimum, are in a state of 'OS confusion/running on MS-provided default drivers ...

you can pull of device mngr and delete all chipset/CPU instances and try resetting , let them be redetected; prior to this, gather correct chipset drivers from mainboard manufacturer onto a USB flash drive, or on desktop...

Jun 18, 2020
rebooting with a new mainboard/CPU likely means you, at a minimum, are in a state of 'OS confusion/running on MS-provided default drivers ...

you can pull of device mngr and delete all chipset/CPU instances and try resetting , let them be redetected; prior to this, gather correct chipset drivers from mainboard manufacturer onto a USB flash drive, or on desktop...
alright, so would I be getting these drivers off of the gigabyte website?
or using a driver installer program? will give the reset a try tomorrow and give you an update on how it goes.

popatim

Titan
Yes, you get them on the Manufacturers site. Google the boards model# and then select the Gigabyte page for it.

one the boards page, to the let of the picture of the board (usually upright against the box) you'll see;

Click Support. On the next page select your version of Windows in the drop down box for the OS.

I would normally pre- download the following drivers just to have them ready: Audio, Chipset ( the INF and Serial IO (if its there)), Lan, USB (if there are any) & VGA (if planning on using the CPU's GPU)

Again, I install the Chipset drivers, followed by the GPU that you get from AMD or Nvidia, and then the rest of the motherbd drivers.

If you let us know the motherbd model# & OS version we can post a link right to the correct page if you aren't sure. I think you'll do fine, its not hard.

Reactions: Mikoooo
Solution
Jun 18, 2020

If you let us know the motherbd model# & OS version we can post a link right to the correct page if you aren't sure. I think you'll do fine, its not hard.
Great! its a gigabyte b250-fintech lga1151, if you could post the link that would make my life a lot easier!
thanks in advance