[SOLVED] Think it would be safe to buy this

Solution
Chinese 3rd party seller
Inflated shipping cost
No picture of actual item - Picture shows a boxed CPU, but it advertises itself as a trey sku which does not include a box or cooler.

Avoid. A Ryzen 5 1400 for over $100 after shipping is quite overpriced too.

DSzymborski

Titan
What i have right now is a gtx 950 that i got from my uncle, a 750w power supply (ik its overkill but i got it for a good price), and a gigabyte b450m amd motherboard

What is the exact PSU? There are a lot of junky 750W PSUs and "750W" PSUs out there.

Are you able to finish this build now? That would affect recommendations. Unfortunately, building a PC slowly is a "worst of all worlds" scenario; you end up with outdated hardware and spending money on things that just sit there for a year. It's far better to save the money and then get it when you have enough budget to have an entire, working PC.

Sep 26, 2021
What is the exact PSU? There are a lot of junky 750W PSUs and "750W" PSUs out there.

Are you able to finish this build now? That would affect recommendations. Unfortunately, building a PC slowly is a "worst of all worlds" scenario; you end up with outdated hardware and spending money on things that just sit there for a year. It's far better to save the money and then get it when you have enough budget to have an entire, working PC.
its an evga 750 n1,

Sep 26, 2021

ill be able to finish the build soon, i only need to buy my ram (which i have already found what im gonna get), and my cpu. Ill just cat sit for some people to get some cash since i am not of the legal age to get a job yet.

DSzymborski

Titan
its an evga 750 n1,

Oof.

Untitled.png

That's an extremely junky HEC-made, group-regulated PSU. Cheap, cheap, cheap capacitors, both +3.3V and +5V rails fail basic tests, incorrectly set OCP. Hopefully the great price is $0, because I can't imagine using this unit on any PC that I had to save for.

Sep 26, 2021
I wouldn't have recommended buying that.

I would say an N1 750w is ok for a 950 and a lower power draw CPU. However I would strongly advice upgrading it if you replace that GPU for something more power hungry.
i bought it since it had good reviews on amazon and other sites, if it breaks ill just try to buy a better one

punkncat

Champion
Ambassador
The Newegg of old I would have said to go for it, if the price was right. They used to be very good about standing behind products/sellers allowed on their marketplace. Now, not so much. Even items shipped by Newegg themselves have at times been undesirable as of late, and their action after sale often less than.