Think motherboard is dead

bethss1949

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Hp p7 1414 ms 7778 jasmine motherboard. No signal on monitor keyboard not working mouse lights up only. Fans running. Reset cmos. Checked all connector -okay. Have tried removing the sticks of rams -didn't work. Onboard graphics not working. Video card radeon hd 7750 taken out and put back in -didn't help. Bought new keyboard ,mouse,and cable from monitor to card -Didn't help.
So do I need a new motherboard

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Just about any mATX motherboard should fit into your case (assuming you intend to reuse the HP case the aforementioned motherboard was originally installed into). However, I can only assume that you want to use your current Socket FM2 CPU and other old components (memory, HDD, etc).

Given the age of this system and components, your issue could be power related as well. I would not spend a bunch on this rig.

What is your total budget, even if just for a motherboard (and possibly a power supply)?

bethss1949

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013
Yes going to use case as is. Mostly use to play the sims 4 game.
As cheap as possible but adequate to run the sims.
Is there a motherboard combo I can get. Added a Radeon he 7750 card and 8gb ram (new 2 4gb each) 1 tb hardrive(fairly new ) I added.
Never done this before so need easy route.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The old CPU and memory should work in the new motherboard (assuming they are still good). Better? It will perform about the same as now.

You may have to re-install Windows after the transplant. This is manageable and not a concern until the hardware works.

In general, you will move the CPU and memory from the current motherboard and install them into the new motherboard. All will get installed into your original case. Sort of like a new build setup. There are guides to help point you down the right path.

Do you have a backup of your files BEFORE doing anything?

Another option would be to have someone perform this swap for you (local vo-tech students, PC repair shop, etc).

bethss1949

Honorable
Jan 4, 2013