Think my video card is bad, please help.

cwescrab

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
I have an ATI Sapphire 7950. Yesterday I noticed on the screen there is a faint purple line made up of little dots going up and down vertical. It only happens in my native res of my monitor 1920x1200. If I plug the monitor in my on board video at this same resolution, no purple line/dots. I think it's my video card. I have not used any new drivers or changed anything. Never overclocked the card. I guess I need to RMA it. I just tried the monitor on another pc in that resolution and it worked fine, re-seated the video card, tried a different cable, I'm thinking it HAS to be the video card.

Has anyone dealt with Sapphire RMA's before?

PandaButtonFTW

Honorable
Sep 29, 2013
have you tried using a different v/output? if your using DVI switch to hdmi, and vice versa (also if you are using dvi... there should be 2 dvi ports, use the other one and see if that changes anything) other than that, yeah this card is most likely dying, only RMA ive ever done was for an xfx card, and I sent that on to the store I bought it from and then they dealt with xfx ( they tried to screw me over though, kept making delays and stuff like that.. in the end I just raged on the phone and got a full refund xD)

cwescrab

Honorable
Feb 13, 2014
I tried the HDMI output and got even more artifacts.