thinking about a new asus monitor.

GT58

Honorable
Sep 24, 2014
i currently have the VS278Q which is a great monitor but its capped at 60hz. would it be worth it to switch to the VG248QE which has 144hz?

i have a strix 970 so im thinking the higher fps will look alot more smooth.

Solution
IT IS ALWAYS A PERSONAL CHOICE. No one can see 144 frames per second. No one can see 60 frames too. Hardcore gamers will say to go for 144 Hz monitor, that too when deciding between two while in the state of purchasing. But you already have a good monitor, upgrading will not give much difference. GTX 970 will make 60+ fps in almost all games at high settings and you'll have 60 frames per second from both your monitor and GPU. You'll never have any stuttering or screen tearing in games. With higher refresh rate monitors you might face these issues. Stick with what you have. But 144 Hz can be downscaled to 60\ Hz. See, it's again comes down to personal preference. If you have money, try buying ASUS ROG PG278Q :D
IT IS ALWAYS A PERSONAL CHOICE. No one can see 144 frames per second. No one can see 60 frames too. Hardcore gamers will say to go for 144 Hz monitor, that too when deciding between two while in the state of purchasing. But you already have a good monitor, upgrading will not give much difference. GTX 970 will make 60+ fps in almost all games at high settings and you'll have 60 frames per second from both your monitor and GPU. You'll never have any stuttering or screen tearing in games. With higher refresh rate monitors you might face these issues. Stick with what you have. But 144 Hz can be downscaled to 60\ Hz. See, it's again comes down to personal preference. If you have money, try buying ASUS ROG PG278Q :D

Solution

GT58

Honorable
Sep 24, 2014

Id love to pick up a ROG Swift monitor haha. but yeah i think ill keep this monitor til I come up on some cash and can get the ROG monitor for a deal