thinking about a new monitor

G

So i have a little money to spend on a new monitor, i don't know whether to jump to a 1440p one or stick to 1080p, mostly because i don't know the performance hit it will have. I'm running a 8350 at 4.5gz, a 4gb gtx770 and 8 gb of ram.
I usually play games that don't really require that much power, games like play counter strike: go, skyrim and payday 2 but i get on battlefield 4 every now and then ( i run everything on ultra except anti aliasing and still get around 70 to 80 fps)

i guess my question is; should i get a 1440p monitor or would the performance drop be too noticeable in games? thanks in advance.

Solution
i'd reccomend a 1440p for sure if you're looking for something in the 27" range. when you get that size, it's noticeably better having double the pixels.

you wont be playing BF4 on ultra with a single 770... but definitely still on high

lowriderflow

Distinguished
i'd reccomend a 1440p for sure if you're looking for something in the 27" range. when you get that size, it's noticeably better having double the pixels.

you wont be playing BF4 on ultra with a single 770... but definitely still on high

Solution

BleedingEdgeTek

Reputable
May 29, 2014
Depends on what you're looking to spend too. A good quality 1080p monitor will run you about $150, whereas a 1440p monitor will run you almost triple that.

Those games definitely don't need a huge GPU at 1440p, except for BF4 like said above.

G

thanks for the fast reply, seeing how i almost never play bf4 it's not that much of a downside. I just hope i'll still be able to run gta v on max this fall with it lol