[SOLVED] Thinking about buying FiiQ K5 Pro and AKG K702

frogpuppy

Prominent
Sep 3, 2019
Hi,

I'm thinking about getting into headphone world but I don't want to spend a lot first. I'm ok with spending like $400-500.
Did some digging and found what I think is a suitable combination but tbh not really sure about that (used for singleplayer gaming + TV/Movies).
Dac/amp: FiiO K5 Pro
Headset: AKG Pro Audio K702

BTW, I'm kinda limited in the options because not every headset or dac/amp can be shipped to my country.

So I want your advice. Should I get those or there is better options out there?
Currently using my 5 years old astro a50, is it worth to upgrade to the previously mentioned set or the current headset is good enough and I won't see much of an improvement?

anort3

Titan
The only issue with the K702 is lack of bass. Soundstage and imaging are spectacular so they'd be great for gaming. They're also a solid choice for classical music but don't buy them for EDM or electropop.

The K712 Pro has great bass but is more expensive.

The Fiio K5 is a good amp/DAC combo and will drive just about any headphones.

Reactions: frogpuppy

anort3

Titan
The only issue with the K702 is lack of bass. Soundstage and imaging are spectacular so they'd be great for gaming. They're also a solid choice for classical music but don't buy them for EDM or electropop.

Reactions: frogpuppy

frogpuppy

Prominent
Sep 3, 2019

I actually tend to lower the bass in my soundbar so that's actually might be suitable for me.
Thanks for your help.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS