[SOLVED] Thinking about getting a laptop instead of PC, is that good?

Dec 22, 2019
Hey there,
I was thinking about getting myself a gaming laptop instead of full PC. I've found this laptop https://www.gamecentar.rs/laptop-acer-nitro-5-an515-52-508h-15-6-fhd-intel-core-i5-8300h-2-3ghz-4-0ghz-8gb-1tb-128gb-ssd-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-4gb-crni.html and I think that for a laptop it has really good components. i5 8th gen is good for editing also, and graphic card is good, but maybe more RAM memory? Maybe I would need to get more space for some programs, but I think that games on this one will be really good. What do you think? Should I go with this one, or should I just go and get the whole PC?
Thanks

NightHawkRMX

Illustrious
I have the same laptop except for a larger SSD. I was stuck using it for a few weeks awhile back.

Its a very good laptop for the price. CPU and GPU are more than capable for the majority of games, but you have to turn down settings for the more demanding games.

The CPU does run very hot, but the graphics card actually didnt heat up much in games, even when the GPU was utilized more than the CPU.

I would consider throwing in a more ram and a larger SSD.

Mezoxin

Upstanding
Nov 3, 2019
depends on your needs , do you really need a mobile gaming device ?
the risks are its not repariable if anything goes wrong after the warranty period , not upgradable , its more prone to overheating and thermal throttling , ever since my razer blade 14 got bricked i decided to never buy a gaming laptop again specially that i have very bad aftersales services where i live
for these reasons when it comes to gaming i got a desktop , and for tasks that i need to do on the go which in my case are mostly MS Office i bought a used thinkpad laptop

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS