[SOLVED] Thinking about upgrading my Asus Tuf X299 Mark 2 to something newer with better features

kwikvinny

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
I currently have a Asus Tuf X299 Mark 2 motherboard with a i9 7900x processor. Was wondering what would be the best motherboard that would go with my processor? Id like to be able to overclock and have all the extra features i can get.

Phaaze88

Polypheme
Ambassador
I agree with BogdanH on the motherboard.
When purchasing a motherboard, it should primarily be about its features.
If you don't have a clue what you want in a mobo - besides the obvious things like a capable VRM and LED headers - then getting a new one is a waste of money.

Are you familiar with custom liquid at all? There's no mention in the initial post that you are.
If you are not, I would strongly suggest you reconsider purchasing that kit.
If you are familiar with it and have done your research on it, then disregard this.

kwikvinny

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
Is it even worth it for me to upgrade to a new motherboard or is there no real new features I will benefit from so I should keep my motherboard and maybe get a new liquid cooler with a custom loop to cool cpu! Gpu and ram? Or even something else?

BogdanH

Prominent
Sep 21, 2020
Because it seems you don't really know what "features" you wish/need, I would recommend you keep your PC as it is -it's still quite good performer.
As for overclocking, I don't think it's worth to spend money on few % performance increase -which at the end, you probably won't even notice (except higher fans noise).

kwikvinny

Reputable
Nov 13, 2017
Because it seems you don't really know what "features" you wish/need, I would recommend you keep your PC as it is -it's still quite good performer.
As for overclocking, I don't think it's worth to spend money on few % performance increase -which at the end, you probably won't even notice (except higher fans noise).
Not sure if you can answer this but i found a custom liquid cooler for my case but im not sure if it fits my model case. My case is a Lian Li pc-o11wx and the custom liquid cooler is a Bitspower Touchaqua Sedna O11D Kit Set for LIAN LI O11 DYNAMIC Series Chassis. It says its for "Dynamic" version case i dont know if my case will work? This is where the liquid cooler can be purchased https://www.performance-pcs.com/water-cooling/watercooling-complete-kits/bitspower-touchaqua-sedna-o11d-kit-set-for-lian-li-o11-dynamic-series-chassis.html . I would really like to get this if it fits.

Phaaze88

Polypheme
Ambassador
I agree with BogdanH on the motherboard.
When purchasing a motherboard, it should primarily be about its features.
If you don't have a clue what you want in a mobo - besides the obvious things like a capable VRM and LED headers - then getting a new one is a waste of money.

Are you familiar with custom liquid at all? There's no mention in the initial post that you are.
If you are not, I would strongly suggest you reconsider purchasing that kit.
If you are familiar with it and have done your research on it, then disregard this.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS