Question Thinking of adding 4 more case fans on my pc

Cheersmate

BANNED
Jun 26, 2022
So ı got 3 intake fans in the front and 1 exhaust at the back.If ı add 2 exh fans on the top and 2 i ntake above the psu will it change anything?I should clarify that ı want my cpu to be cooler.I dont have a problem with gpu temps.Can adding 2 exhaust fans on top increase cpu temps?

Ralston18

Titan
What CPU temperatures are you seeing. How much cooler do you want the CPU to be?

This:

"I don't have a problem with gpu temps".

Go with "If it ain't broke, then don't fix it".

Leave well enough alone.

Keep an eye on the temps and then if problems occur or start occurring then consider the options available. Options which may or may not involve additional fans.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Cheersmate

BANNED
Jun 26, 2022
What CPU temperatures are you seeing. How much cooler do you want the CPU to be?

This:

"I don't have a problem with gpu temps".

Go with "If it ain't broke, then don't fix it".

Leave well enough alone.

Keep an eye on the temps and then if problems occur or start occurring then consider the options available. Options which may or may not involve additional fans.

Just my thoughts on the matter.
Cpu temps go between 70-78 during a very hot day while gaming

Cheersmate

BANNED
Jun 26, 2022
Glass panel still on - AHHH, the reflections, the blurriness..! I'm seeing more of what's adjacent to the PC(monitor, cables, desk, shelf + items) than what's actually inside it...
No picture of the front panel, nor do we know what the case is...
You dont really need to see the front panel to answer the question mate.I took the picture to show how close gpu and cpu were.

Ralston18

Titan
Make and model case are important as is knowing where vents etc. are located.

Adding fans, if indeed necessary, can be counter productive if the fans (intake and exhaust) are not correctly positioned.

Lower air flows could occur and temperatures actually increase as a result.

Could be that 3 intake fans are too much for 1 exhaust fan to keep up with and airflow is already suffering.

But maybe 3 intake fans are not necessary.

And being able to see what is inside is helpful in getting a sense of how the air is (or is not) flowing.

Existing fans: make, model, size,

And do update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Details matter.

Cheersmate

BANNED
Jun 26, 2022
Make and model case are important as is knowing where vents etc. are located.

Adding fans, if indeed necessary, can be counter productive if the fans (intake and exhaust) are not correctly positioned.

Lower air flows could occur and temperatures actually increase as a result.

Could be that 3 intake fans are too much for 1 exhaust fan to keep up with and airflow is already suffering.

But maybe 3 intake fans are not necessary.

And being able to see what is inside is helpful in getting a sense of how the air is (or is not) flowing.

Existing fans: make, model, size,

And do update your post to include full system hardware specs and OS information.

Details matter.
Dark Diamond PRO Mesh 4x12cm FRGB Fan, Full Akrilik Yan Panel, USB 3.0 Bilgisayar Kasası (DKCHDIAMONDPROMS) | Teknobiyotik this is the case ı have and ı have the exact same fan setup shown on the picture in the site.Got a 3060 ti and ryzen 3600

What is the make/model of your case?

From the pics, I suspect that adding top exhaust fans will be counter productive.
Such fans will direct the front intake airflow up and out of the case before it can reach the cpu cooler, motherboard vrm heat sinks, and the graphics card.
If you want more cooling, increase the capability of the front intake fans, but it will increase noise.

Cheersmate

BANNED
Jun 26, 2022
What is the make/model of your case?

From the pics, I suspect that adding top exhaust fans will be counter productive.
Such fans will direct the front intake airflow up and out of the case before it can reach the cpu cooler, motherboard vrm heat sinks, and the graphics card.
If you want more cooling, increase the capability of the front intake fans, but it will increase noise.
What if ı add 2 intake fans in the bottom above the psu?Case is called Dark Diamond Pro Mesh

Why try to fix a problem that you do not have?
Adding bottom fans will just screw up the natural front to back airflow that the case was designed for.
That is a nice looking and effective case.
If you have money to burn and want to improve performance spend it on something else.
Top priority would be a SSD for windows if you do not now have one.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You dont really need to see the front panel to answer the question mate.I took the picture to show how close gpu and cpu were.
Yes, we do. Some PCs have crap front intake designs, which the addition of fans may not help. Some preinstalled LED fans are not very good either.

Now, that I know what the case is:
Top fans do not benefit the cpu cooler here. It is to the benefit of open air gpus that dump their waste heat inside your PC - helps to get it out faster, at the detriment to the cpu cooler's performance.
So if your target is cooler cpu temperatures, you leave the top alone, as the cpu cooler gets its cool air from both the front and the top.

Cheersmate

BANNED
Jun 26, 2022
Why try to fix a problem that you do not have?
That is a nice looking and effective case.
If you have money to burn and want to improve performance spend it on something else.
Top priority would be a SSD for windows if you do not now have one.
Well the weather is 30 Celsius and my cpu temp goes up to around 72-76 during heavy games like Apex and Fifa.Are these decent temps?By adding 4 fans wouldnt it get better?

Well the weather is 30 Celsius and my cpu temp goes up to around 72-76 during heavy games like Apex and Fifa.Are these decent temps?By adding 4 fans wouldnt it get better?

Temps may or may not get lower. You can decide if that is better.

CPUs are designed to operate well above the 70s continually. If you nevertheless cannot live with that, then buy more fans or a different cooler or a different case and experiment until temps are driven down to a temp you can live with. Or change your mind about how bad 72 to 76 is.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
With the trend of open air gpu's dumping their waste heat in the PC:
-top intake fans just creates turbulence around the cpu cooler and won't help you lower the cpu's thermals.
-top exhaust fans can pull cool air away from the cpu cooler before the air gets to it. In the case of dual tower coolers, exhaust fans above them can disrupt the airflow passing from the front tower to the rear tower.

Top exhaust fans are really for those open air gpus, but cpu tower air coolers don't care for them too much.
Top intake fans can work, but not with those kinds of gpus.
So, to maximize cool airflow through your cpu cooler, you leave the top empty.

You can try and see how you do.
I see no theoretical reason that such a change would help.
What is your cpu?
It would not be bad if you experienced up to 85c with a 30c. ambient.
The throttle point for intel is 100c.
somewhat less for ryzen.