Question Thinking of an upgrade maybe cpu?

YoVSif

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2015
Hello, so i had my pc so far for a year and a half and I told my pc repair guy that the cpu was weak for the heavy games that i play, i dont know why he went with intel shouldve went with amd but im stuck with the system its not too bad but i had to do a few upgrades in terms of graphics card and cpu but my rig right now is a 2 16gb ram 2 1tb ssd i5 6700 nonk. i just bought recently the 1660ti which is marvelous, mother board was a msi z170a pc mate i believe and yeah thats it any cpu recommendations??

logainofhades

Titan
No CPU upgrade would be worth the cost, for your current motherboard. Your CPU shouldn't be holding back a 1660ti either, unless you are playing titles that are actually maxing out your CPU. You need to check CPU usage to be certain. What is the speed of your ram, and are they in the proper slots for dual channel?

YoVSif

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2015
No CPU upgrade would be worth the cost, for your current motherboard. Your CPU shouldn't be holding back a 1660ti either, unless you are playing titles that are actually maxing out your CPU. You need to check CPU usage to be certain. What is the speed of your ram, and are they in the proper slots for dual channel?
Imam get back to you thanks

YoVSif

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2015
Imma get
back to you soon as I find those out been years since I’m back here so it’s kinda new