[SOLVED] Thinking of buying MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WIFI

Apr 27, 2021
Hello,
I'm not really familiar with pc parts and if they are compatible with each other or not so maybe someone here might be able to help.
I'm thinking of getting MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WIFI and I'm not sure if it is compatible with the other parts that I already have on my current pc and parts I'm looking to buy at which are:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 4GHz AM4 36MB cache wraith prism - Looking to buy this
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 -I already have
DDR3 16GB 1600MZ - I already have this
Western Digital WD_BLACK SN750 NVMe SSD 2TB, M.2 - I already have this

From my research so far I'm pretty sure the ssd and the gpu are fine but I'm not sure about the DDR3. The sites I've looked at only mentions DDR4 being compatible with the motherboard I'm looking at getting. I've also heard the term "bottle necking" and I don't know if that will happen with these parts together.

So if you know if these parts are compatible or not please let me know. Thanks.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Hello,
I'm not really familiar with pc parts and if they are compatible with each other or not so maybe someone here might be able to help.
I'm thinking of getting MSI MPG X570 Gaming Pro Carbon WIFI and I'm not sure if it is compatible with the other parts that I already have on my current pc and parts I'm looking to buy at which are:
AMD Ryzen 7 3700x 4GHz AM4 36MB cache wraith prism - Looking to buy this
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1070 -I already have
DDR3 16GB 1600MZ - I already have this
Western Digital WD_BLACK SN750 NVMe SSD 2TB, M.2 - I already have this

From my research so far I'm pretty sure the ssd and the gpu are fine but I'm not sure about the DDR3. The sites I've looked at only mentions DDR4 being compatible with the motherboard I'm looking at getting. I've also heard the term "bottle necking" and I don't know if that will happen with these parts together.

So if you know if these parts are compatible or not please let me know. Thanks.
You need DDR4 memory and get at least 3200 speed.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Solution
Mar 11, 2021
I just built with the non WiFi version of this board as I use ethernet. Total noob myself and it all worked great first time.

I used Hyper X Fury 3200 ram it was the cheapest at the time. When I put it in it was set to 2400. After a week or so I developed the courage after youtubing videos to enable the xmp profile ☺️ no problem at all now it's 3200.

TRENDING THREADS