Thinking of putting an SSD in my laptop but I’m not sure what model is right for me

Noah_31

Commendable
Nov 8, 2016
I have an aging MSI GE70-2QE Apache Pro I would like to put in an SSD into, but I’m not sure what model or storage capacity is right for me. I checked my laptop can take a 2.5” or mSATA SSD, now i just need to find the right model and capacity to suit my needs, please help me

Solution
If they are SATA drives and it's very likely they are then any 2.5" SSD can be swapped for one of them. Capacity is up to you but for a boot drive (which is the best use for an SSD) I'd suggest at least a 250GB drive. You can get a cheap enclsure and make your old drive into a portable hard drive as well.

Google the model and "hard drive upgrade" and you should find some youtube guides, that's the easiest way.

Dugimodo

Distinguished
If they are SATA drives and it's very likely they are then any 2.5" SSD can be swapped for one of them. Capacity is up to you but for a boot drive (which is the best use for an SSD) I'd suggest at least a 250GB drive. You can get a cheap enclsure and make your old drive into a portable hard drive as well.

Google the model and "hard drive upgrade" and you should find some youtube guides, that's the easiest way.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS