Thinking of switching to AMD CPU and staying with Nvidia Graphics card

Rapchez

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
I'm currently using an Intel CPU and I wanted to make a switch to AMD since I have a low budget.

I was wondering if its a bad idea to stay with my GTS 450 and not switch to a Radeon exc.

Would there be any issues?

P.S. I wont be doing any SLI

Solution
I've used every combination of Intel, nVidia, AMD, SiS, VIA/S3 and ATi (except Intel Graphics of course..lol). They're all plug-and-play. It's like worrying that a Seagate HDD won't work as well with an Intel CPU as with an AMD CPU as opposed to a drive by Western Digital. Anything anyone has ever told you to the contrary is pure crap. Believe me, nVidia probably hates Intel more than they hate AMD. They know just like everyone else that if AMD ever falls, the whole industry is in trouble because Intel will turn it into their own version of North Korea.

Tripperman

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012

100% Agree. That's all I've ever run for years. Now there's always a learning curve associated with any new tech toy, but that's what Forums are for. You won't be disappointed, its a great combo together...and get a 660 GTX or better if you can afford it, that's where the screaming begins.

I've used every combination of Intel, nVidia, AMD, SiS, VIA/S3 and ATi (except Intel Graphics of course..lol). They're all plug-and-play. It's like worrying that a Seagate HDD won't work as well with an Intel CPU as with an AMD CPU as opposed to a drive by Western Digital. Anything anyone has ever told you to the contrary is pure crap. Believe me, nVidia probably hates Intel more than they hate AMD. They know just like everyone else that if AMD ever falls, the whole industry is in trouble because Intel will turn it into their own version of North Korea.

Solution