ThinkPad 600X Won't Start up

Bob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Has windows 95. I initially was able to start machine by
repeatedly flicking the on switch. But now that approach
seldom works. .

Machine fan turns on. Nothing appears on screen. If memory
size does appear, then It will start up OK

At one point I had registry errors so I replaced CMOS
battery and registry errors went away. I've been able to
use it a couple of times satisfactorly so registry
problem seems solved, but now I'm back to problem of not
being able to start up.

I've also reseated harddrive.

Any advice would be appreciated.

RAM could be poorly seated or failing, power supply could be failing....are you
hearing any beeps when it does not start?
--
Glen Ventura, MS MVP W95/98 Systems
http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm