Question Thinkpad T14, is thunderbolt worth it over AMD?

Elros

Reputable
BANNED
Dec 16, 2020
Hello.

I am looking to buy a laptop which will serve me 4-5 years minimum.(longer if it lasts, I still use my Acer laptop from 2013, runs fine)

I highly think that a thunderbolt port will be so useful for me since I connect an external monitor most of the time, or might want to use E-GPU. Who knows. But it comes with a less powerful CPU, intel i7 11th gen.
My second bet is the same laptop with AMD ryzen pro 4800u which is way faster than Intel 11th gen which makes me think will be a better buy for future use.

What do you recommend? Is thunderbolt something that will become the default in the future?

Or Instead, should I buy the 8th gen intel T series refurbished with thunderbolt and save %40 of the price?

Having Thunderbolt is nice as it give you more options with docks and higher bandwidth for video connections through it.

For the rest, it's up to you and the price you want to spend. I have not bought a new laptop in probably never myself, all used. What specs you should get depends on what you are using it for and what the speed vs cost vs other features are worth it to you.

Reactions: enewmen

TRENDING THREADS