Thinkpad T500 battery

Vandal_1

Commendable
Sep 29, 2016
I have a thinkpad t500 and it was running fine with windows vista, but as soon as i installed windows 7 it said the battery is plugged in but not charging. I've looked on google for fixes and all i could find was to disable/uninstall it from the device manager and various steps on removing the battery starting with/without the power cord, nothing has worked so far.

Solution
T500 is a pretty old laptop, if that is the original battery it's not odd that it failed. Could have just happened during the Windows 7 setup. Try another battery. It may also be the charger or the motherboard but I'd start with the battery. You can install the Lenovo Power Manager software, that gives very good details about the battery in advanced options view.
T500 is a pretty old laptop, if that is the original battery it's not odd that it failed. Could have just happened during the Windows 7 setup. Try another battery. It may also be the charger or the motherboard but I'd start with the battery. You can install the Lenovo Power Manager software, that gives very good details about the battery in advanced options view.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS