ThinkPad vs Mi Laptops

Status
Not open for further replies.

HydroBull3T

Commendable
Mar 20, 2016
Hello guys,

Recently I was convinced to buy a laptop but I went into some sort of problems.

One major problem was that I have used a ThinkPad in the past and I have loved the keyboard, but now I was introduced to the Xiaomi's laptops that are known to be well build and MacBook like.

To be short with you guys, I need a laptop to do alot of writing, light Photoshop/illustrator, light gaming - RuneScape/maplestory/LoL etc.., and that means a simple or entry level dgpu.

I found 2 options:

Lenovo ThinkPad e570 with 940mx, i5 7200u, 256 SSD nvme, 8gb ram ddr4

Or

Xiaomi mi air 12.5/13/pro with same specs altoght the CPU is i5 8xxx series and mx150

Both are the same price.

If someone could advice me or tell me their experience with those laptops I'll be really thankful.

Also, how the Xiaomi's keyboard feels against the Thinkpad's keyboard.

Thanks!!

Solution
on paper the xiaomi should win by a big margin just because of the cpu and gpu alone.more cpu cores and better gpu.the thinkpad should have the better keyboard though.xiaomi body design is pretty rigid though.only think to check is to make sure it comes with english version of windows/multi language instead of single chinese language version.

kookie3010

Honorable
on paper the xiaomi should win by a big margin just because of the cpu and gpu alone.more cpu cores and better gpu.the thinkpad should have the better keyboard though.xiaomi body design is pretty rigid though.only think to check is to make sure it comes with english version of windows/multi language instead of single chinese language version.

Solution
The Xiamai is overall better in performance (at least on paper) due to the quad core 8th gen Core i5 CPU and the mx150 dedicated GPU.

However, I think you should do a bit of research when it comes to support to see if they have a US service center or if you need to ship the laptop back to China or wherever their service center is.

Status
Not open for further replies.