orgetorix

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
I cannot get Windows to display a picture on all three of my displays.

Hello, I am having trouble getting Windows 10 to display on three monitory. All three monitors are the same: Philips 326E8FJSB and all are brand new. The graphics card is an MSI RTX 2060 Gaming Z and all are connected by Displayport. The monitor is detected in Windows but just shows a black screen.

The monitor in question is #1:
VemEB9U.jpg

I have made sure the Geforce drivers are up to date and have installed the monitor drivers as well. I have tried unplugging and plugging back in and switching the cables around. I suppose my next step might be to connect the non-working monitor to another computer to see if that helps, but before I do that (it's attache to a monitor arm), I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas.

orgetorix

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
Thanks for your reply. No, the problem seems to stay with that monitor. I can switch the three displayport wires on the monitor side or the computer side and no matter which port on the graphics card or which cable is used, that one monitor won't display anything.

I have also tried using that particular monitor in a single or dual setup and still nothing. I have also tried using a different input (VGA) and that didn't work either. My next step is to try it on a different computer, that is equipped with HDMI and see if that can get it to display.

I'm thinking that this is just a bad monitor. The backlight does come on but that is all. The worst part is that I have already cut the stand off for use with a VESA mount so there is no chance to return. I guess I learned my lesson about testing first!

orgetorix

Reputable
Jun 16, 2015
One more thing... this setup was three identical new monitors.

I just kept one of the new (working) monitors and replaced the other two new monitors with my two old monitors and all three work fine, so I am sure that my graphics card or cabling are not at issue.