[SOLVED] Third Monitor - No Display ?

Jmunk

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2015
I have a triple monitor setup. Everything was perfectly fine until last night when playing LoL. I alt-tabbed and my computer completely froze, like I couldn't even cntrl-alt-del. When it booted back up, third monitor was just a black screen. I now have absolutely no signal on this monitor no matter what I do.

GPU: 2080S
Plugged in via VGA - HDMI adapter.
Monitor: AOC

Reactions: Mr. Smith
Solution
Talking to myself here but figure updates could help someone. Did a DDU driver uninstall and that fixed the problem.
Would that have worked on the older monitor? Probably. Am I going to return this new one? No.

Lutfij

Titan
AOC is the maker of the panel, not it's model. Got a link to the adapter used for the third display?

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Please include the age of the PSU apart from the make and model of the unit.

Jmunk

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2015
AOC is the maker of the panel, not it's model. Got a link to the adapter used for the third display?

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Please include the age of the PSU apart from the make and model of the unit.

Adapter: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00SW9JI9A/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I only said AOC monitor because I have no idea what the model is. I bought this YEARS ago and only used it for a secondary monitor.

Specs:
0dc1b1a6ebfba0ae5257bb6170e28952.png

The only other "event" that happened was after league of legends made my computer freeze, I actually had to flip the switch on the PSU to turn off the computer since holding down the power button did nothing.

Jmunk

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2015
I'm using a dual PC setup - so I plugged the monitor into the other computer. Still no signal. Also used different HDMI cable, so that can't be it. Running to Best Buy to pick up a new HDMI - VGA adapter. Will update.

Jmunk

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2015
This is weird. Need help.

Got a new adapter - same problem.

I literally went and got a new monitor, and I'm having the same problem. How is this possible? Is this now a driver thing? DDU install?

Jmunk

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2015
Talking to myself here but figure updates could help someone. Did a DDU driver uninstall and that fixed the problem.
Would that have worked on the older monitor? Probably. Am I going to return this new one? No.

Solution