Question Third Monitor wont display using DisplayPort

Oct 2, 2021
I have 3 monitors which all work with my computer, two are connected via DisplayPort and one is connected via HDMI. Every time I load the computer it seems to randomly pick which DisplayPort monitor will work with the HDMI one; this has only started happening since I have moved - 2 DisplayPort's and 1 HDMI had been working before I moved. I've had a look through here and some other websites, but the best I've managed to do is get both DisplayPort's working without the HDMI or all 3 working but with 2 HDMI cables; I however need the other two monitors to be DisplayPort.

Has anyone had this problem before? I've seen quite a lot of people with this problem where the solution has been to switch the cables over to DisplayPort not the other way around. Any advice would be appreciated.

Oct 2, 2021
What might have happened during the move?
Perhaps some part has been dislodged a bit.
What is the make/model of your graphics card and monitors?
Graphics card: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 2080 Super 8G
Monitor 1: ASUS VG248QE
Monitor 2: ASUS VG279QM
Monitor 3: ASUS VP28UQG

All Drivers are currently up to date. Nothing spectacular happened in the move; I have moved them before in the same fashion and have never had this problem (or any minus a broken cable). Something might have been dislodged, so once I've posted this I'll unscrew the case and have a look around make sure everything is in correctly. Will update if anything changes.

Edit: Have taken apart and re assembled everything, nothing has changed

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS