[SOLVED] Third-party "system restore" software

Dec 27, 2020
Hello,
I need some third-party system restore software, since Windows' built-in utility doesn't exactly restore the system (as far as I know), but it just uninstalls things that have been logged as installed since the system restore started recording events after the system restore point was created. Namely, if you create some new file in some directory, and you restore the system prior to that, it won't uncreate the file.
I need some software that would completely restore everything, including files, settings, drivers, installs - I mean everything, as if you froze your PC (and not as separate events).

Solution
......................Windows' built-in utility doesn't exactly restore the system ..............................if you create some new file in some directory, and you restore the system prior to that, it won't uncreate the file.

That's by design. System Restore only restores the operating system and programs and doesn't touch personal files.

I need some software that would completely restore everything, including files, settings, drivers, installs - I mean everything

For that you'll need an external hard drive and some disk-imaging software. Acronis True Image is one option and there are free alternatives available. After creating an image you can either restore the entire system or just individual files.

Secret-Squirrel

Reputable
Sep 12, 2020
......................Windows' built-in utility doesn't exactly restore the system ..............................if you create some new file in some directory, and you restore the system prior to that, it won't uncreate the file.

That's by design. System Restore only restores the operating system and programs and doesn't touch personal files.

I need some software that would completely restore everything, including files, settings, drivers, installs - I mean everything

For that you'll need an external hard drive and some disk-imaging software. Acronis True Image is one option and there are free alternatives available. After creating an image you can either restore the entire system or just individual files.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS