[SOLVED] Third RAM slot on mobo is not working properly ?

Jun 2, 2023
(sorry for my english in advance)
Greetings all! Recently I bought myself a RAM (2 for 8) as a set to the already available exactly the same, in the same amount - Ripjaws v 3200, cl 16-18-18-38. 1.35 . In the end 32gb. Chocked all 4 slots, went into the bios and set xmp profile 3200 16-18-18-38, 25600. As a result, my computer would not start. I had to lower it to 2933, computer started and it seems even with the load in the games and software, no errors. Thought that maybe a defect in the RAM. Plugging the ram in and out, I found the motherboard's problematic SLOT.

All ram runs normally only in 1-2-4 order on XMP. Back to 2933 again, all 4 slots work, but stress tests like tm5 still turn the computer off. Tried with different timings and voltages - with 3 slot it still does not pick up even 3000 mhz. So my question is, what may be the reason for the inoperability of the 3rd slot at the declared frequencies? Is it possible that this is the usual contact oxide and cleaning will solve the problem? Is it possible to say that the slot itself works, because it generally sees the memory and can start with it, but at lower frequencies? I don`t know all the nuances, so please don`t judge. Thank you!

Motherboard : Asus B450M Gaming Pro S
CPU: Ryzen 5600X 4.7, 1.3v
RAM : Ripjaws v 3200 on samsungs bdie, judging by typhoon
Bios : latest
Windows 10 ltsc

Last edited by a moderator:

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For the sake of relevance, please state the BIOS version you're currently on. As for your rams, can you take pictures of the numbers for each stick?

Windows 10 ltsc
Any reason you're on on a home license of the OS?

Jun 2, 2023
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

For the sake of relevance, please state the BIOS version you're currently on. As for your rams, can you take pictures of the numbers for each stick?

Windows 10 ltsc
Any reason you're on on a home license of the OS?
The Bios version : 4002
Sorry, i don't understand properly. Pictures of ram like this? (link below, don't know how to load image)
Oh, no reasons)

Jun 2, 2023
So you had 2 sticks and added 2 more.
Even if you buy the so called exact kit it's not guaranteed to work with another set it could even be made with different parts.

You could try it a 2666 but still no guarantee.

You should of bought a 2X16GB set and sold your 2X8 kit.
Thanks for answer! I finally can run it on 3200 with all slots. It's been working smooth for 6 hours :D