This 3dmark03 score any good?

Muneel

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2003
Hi,

I have recently built a new system and I ran 3dmark03 on it which gave me 7036 3dmarks. My question is, is this score any good for the following specs, maybe another FX 5900 card owner can tell. The specs are:

P4 2.4 ghz C processor
MSI 865PE Neo2 mobo
512 mb Kingston 333mhz RAM
MSI Starforce Geforce FX 5900 (128mb)
Nvidia detonator drivers 44.03
Windows XP pro

So is 7036 marks good for this setup? Any comments/suggestions are welcome.

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
how did u get PC2700 ram to work in 800fsb??? detail on that would be helpful and that is a high mark for your rig~~

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5900ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF

Willamette_sucks

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2002
No sir squirtle, that is an impossible mark for his rig (without it being very overclocked!).

Lowered texture detail settings? Build 320 and early dets?

Dunno.

You should get about 5500-5600 (build 330, 44.03s or newer).

"Mice eat cheese." - Modest Mouse

"Every Day is the Right Day." -Pink Floyd

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
i guess it's fluke~~ these things happens lol
now i still want to know how can u use PC2700 in a Springdale/P4 2.4C combo in detail~~~~~

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
PROUD OWNER OF THE GEFORCE FX 5900ULTRA <-- I wish this was me
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF

Muneel

Distinguished
Jul 30, 2003
I lowered the settings to 640x480 and used bilinear filtering and its build 330. Also I turned off FSAA and anisotropic filtering.

I don't know about the pc2700 thingy, its not supposed to work with this mobo? I was having problems with it when I was using Win98SE (hang-ups, crashes, etc), actually the system only worked fine when I used either of the 256mb modules and gave trouble when I used both. Then I used the mem86 test and it came out all fine. After that someone told me that Win98SE is not designed to work with 333mhz RAM and I should install Winxp instead. Installing WinXP has worked for me and it didn't crash or hang-up even once since then using both ram modules. Honestly I don't know if this RAM is supposed to work with this mobo or not. But its working just great.

Pfft! :tongue:

Lowering the RES. is cheating! Cheater!

No wonder you bought an NV card! :tongue:

Turning off AA/AF is fine, and build 330 is what you want but running that res. is artifically boosting your score.
Actually rerun with defaults or else there is no way to give you and idea if that is 'good' as it is not compared to the default which is the norm.

BTW, I got 12,000 in 3dmk03 on my R9600Pro so your score kinda sux. Oh did I forget to mentiong I just renamed my 3Dmk01 file 03, and that's how I ame by that score? Ooops I guess I shoulda mentioned that.

As for the ram it is surprising that it works, but I always though that DDR333/PC2700 was just a rating (and perhaps this is just GREAT PC2700).

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

Yeah that's more in line with what we'd expect.

And I was taking it easy, but still taking-the-piss-outta-ya. :tongue:

I just had to add the cheater thing because of all our 'cheat this and cheat that' days.

Anywhoo, the scores about he norm. You might want to post a compare link if you can, that way people can see the setup and see individual perfromance. You'll need to go to the online browser to do that after you run the test.

- You need a licence to buy a gun, but they'll sell anyone a stamp <i>(or internet account)</i> ! <A HREF="http://www.redgreen.com" target="_new"><font color=green>RED</font color=green> <font color=red>GREEN</font color=red></A> GA to SK :evil:

TRENDING THREADS