News This 8TB Inland PCIe Gen 4 SSD Is 27% Off, Still $1,100

Colif

Win 11 Master
I can remember in the late 90's thinking 500mb drives were so big, no way you could fill that with documents. Now... 8tb is still the same to me. I don't even use the 4tb I have now. I don't know what every one needs it all for. Decides its probably better I don't ask :)

Colif

Win 11 Master
i was scarred by having a bunch of hdd died long ago and I just don't bother filling drives up now if they might just die randomly. At least backups mean I just lose time now.

I can remember in the late 90's thinking 500mb drives were so big, no way you could fill that with documents. Now... 8tb is still the same to me. I don't even use the 4tb I have now. I don't know what every one needs it all for. Decides its probably better I don't ask :)

Back in I think Xmas of 03 my dad got me a 40 Gig drive. Was running 2x4GB and 1x2Gb and didn't have them filled. When i opened this up I was all "How am i ever going to fill this thing up! Now here I am with a 50TB home server XD

PBme

Reputable
Dec 12, 2019
Hundreds of different use cases. Games can quickly fill space. But large of consumer storage is generally about video. Personal or commercial.
I just upgraded my 3 16tb drives to 4 18 for my movie server (UHD + BR + features can be 150GB per movie).