[SOLVED] This all-in-1 compatible with all or any eGPU's?

Jan 2, 2019
Hello,

Needed to purchase a low profile desktop pc for my business, but also would like to game on it when I'm in the office alone plus use it to do my active day trading. Does anyone know if this pc would work with any good eGPU's ? Here are the PC's final specs:

HP Pavilion 23.8" FHD IPS Touchscreen WLED-Backlit All-in-One Desktop | Intel Core i5-8400T Six-Core | Upto 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Boot + 2TB HDD | DVD-RW | Include Keyboard & Mouse | Windows 10 | White

FHD
16GB RAM
550GB SSD
Available USB C ports(not sure if thunderbolt or not)
USB 3.1 ports
USB 3.0 ports
USB 2.0ports
HDMI

Is there any other information needed?

Thank you for your time and help!

Solution
I doubt that model will work with thunderbot external video adapters, either way, if you had to get a portable system now want to stick an external video card and power supply to it, you pretty much removed any need to have a an all in one system, since you no longer have an all in one, and space would be the exact same as a monitor and normal compact tower. You may be able to stick a mini PCIe adapter if the system had a free minie PCIe slot but the issue there is that it's limited to PICe 1x speeds, they don't work on all motherboards and are even clumsier to setup than a Thunderbolt video card solution.

This is a pretty in-depth article on using external video cards along with a bunch of models to look at...
I doubt that model will work with thunderbot external video adapters, either way, if you had to get a portable system now want to stick an external video card and power supply to it, you pretty much removed any need to have a an all in one system, since you no longer have an all in one, and space would be the exact same as a monitor and normal compact tower. You may be able to stick a mini PCIe adapter if the system had a free minie PCIe slot but the issue there is that it's limited to PICe 1x speeds, they don't work on all motherboards and are even clumsier to setup than a Thunderbolt video card solution.

This is a pretty in-depth article on using external video cards along with a bunch of models to look at https://www.pcworld.com/article/2984716/laptop-computers/how-to-transform-your-laptop-into-a-gaming-powerhouse-with-an-external-graphics-card.html

Solution
Jan 2, 2019

I see, so I believe what you are saying is that in order for an external GPU to work that the USBC port must be thunderbolt is that correct?

For the USB C docks, yes. I don't know of any that are not thunderbolt. Look through that article, it lists a bunch of them.