Question This app can't run on this PC error

Aug 3, 2020
I got this issue with my games whereby after I play a game, once I exit it and change to another one, it pops up with "This app can't run on this PC" Is it software related or hardware? My only current solution is to restart my computer in order for it to work. You can imagine the number of times I restarted my computer in a day just to get a game to launch. Any insights would be much appreciated.

I got this issue with my games whereby after I play a game, once I exit it and change to another one, it pops up with "This app can't run on this PC" Is it software related or hardware? My only current solution is to restart my computer in order for it to work. You can imagine the number of times I restarted my computer in a day just to get a game to launch. Any insights would be much appreciated.

Some system specs would be good, including how those games are installed. Did you try a clean Windows setup?

Aug 3, 2020
Some system specs would be good, including how those games are installed. Did you try a clean Windows setup?

Alrighty.
Specs :

CPU : Ryzen 5 3600 (stock cooler)
Mobo : B450 Aorus Pro Wifi
GPU : RX 5700 XT Challenger 8GB
Ram : T-force ZA Dark 8gb x 2 3600
SSD : Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
HDD : Toshiba DT01ACA100

I did try a clean Windows setup before. The games are installed into my HDD. Same way I installed any games, setup and install into my HDD. Does partition take any part in these errors. I recently just made one up and it's still able to give me the same errors after swapping to another game. Some of the attempts of fixing it were reset and refreshes. Does that affect the way my drives work from then on?

Alrighty.
Specs :

CPU : Ryzen 5 3600 (stock cooler)
Mobo : B450 Aorus Pro Wifi
GPU : RX 5700 XT Challenger 8GB
Ram : T-force ZA Dark 8gb x 2 3600
SSD : Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500GB
HDD : Toshiba DT01ACA100

I did try a clean Windows setup before. The games are installed into my HDD. Same way I installed any games, setup and install into my HDD. Does partition take any part in these errors. I recently just made one up and it's still able to give me the same errors after swapping to another game. Some of the attempts of fixing it were reset and refreshes. Does that affect the way my drives work from then on?

Yes changing the partitions where the files of the game are can cause issues. Did you try re-installing the games? That should clean up the issue.

Aug 3, 2020
Yes changing the partitions where the files of the game are can cause issues. Did you try re-installing the games? That should clean up the issue.

When I reset my pc, I wiped my drives as well. So the previous partitions that I had on my HDD is no longer there. Left it at that. So my games are directly installed into the HDD without those Program Files x86 partitions. So it's just that game folder in the HDD. I'll go on a try re-installing my games.

UPDATE :
Error still pops out for my games in the HDD.

Last edited: